Kimani Young candidate at Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young candidate at Illinois

Reaction Score
If it happens it happens, only thing bringing optimism for me is that I keep reading blogs say that they want someone with National reaches Kimani is a standard in NYC/NJ, but if you wanted someone with NE connections & a national reach, Luke who till recently was unemployed, seems to fit the bill better

Reaction Score
I always figured the next job for Kimani would be a head coaching position. That would actually be a tough loss for us whenever he decides to leave.

Reaction Score
0141C98E-768E-4BF2-B20C-F4CFC522693C.jpeg

(grain of salt but hopefully true)
Says UConn matched Illinois offer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s going anywhere without a head job or succession plan somewhere. I’m also not too worried about losing assistants. It comes with being good. The only way we avoid that is to hire UConn homers. Frankly, our football staff is a bargain, use the savings for basketball for now.

Reaction Score
Glastonbury is cheap as F in the real world. (real world of people making 200k plus). He can afford a $2,000,000 house with today’s rates and his salary. An 800k house is child’s play at 330k per year.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He lives in Glastonbury. I'm pretty sure a box of oreos is 50 bucks in that town.

Well, organic, grass-fed, free-range oreos from whole foods.

And 300k still affords you a good life pretty much anywhere.

It's different in Olean than it is in LA, but the point remains.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glastonbury is cheap as F in the real world. (real world of people making 200k plus). He can afford a $2,000,000 house with today’s rates and his salary. An 800k house is child’s play at 330k per year.

Yeah Glastonbury is for plebs. Simsbury is where the real ballers reside.

1/2 kidding

Reaction Score
This site loses it over a strength coach returning home. Can you imagine how this fanbase would react losing all 3 assistants in one offseason? Because that's about to happen to Illinois.

I wonder how many ppl think this is a rebuild opportunity vs. a jumping ship situation? I’m not sure. All 3 left for good opportunities, but it’s definitely not squeaky clean in Illini country.

Reaction Score
Seeing online and Illinois message board that he’s in the mix at Illinois.
Just went back to read the message board again and someone was saying they got an assistant coach “from a university that starts with the letter C.”

I don’t wanna overthink it, but obviously hoping Kimani stays with us (unless it’s to take a head coaching job somewhere)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
No one said he’s looking.
The fact that this went public and there’s now a fairly broad belief that he’s talking to them is reason enough to believe he’s interested.

Reaction Score
Just went back to read the message board again and someone was saying they got an assistant coach “from a university that starts with the letter C.”

I don’t wanna overthink it, but obviously hoping Kimani stays with us (unless it’s to take a head coaching job somewhere)
The same guy who teased it being a school with a C followed it up saying it's not Kimani and implied it's Creighton

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The same guy who teased it being a school with a C followed it up saying it's not Kimani and implied it's Creighton
McDermott

Reaction Score
Well that’s good! I didn’t see that one

Reaction Score
The fact that this went public and there’s now a fairly broad belief that he’s talking to them is reason enough to believe he’s interested.
Talking to other schools is how you get a raise in this business. There really is nothing in it for him to take another assistant job at the college level. He’s very close to getting a good head coaching job. He’s at a big brand school with a good salary, familiar recruiting grounds and a clean reputation. He’s a near perfect head coaching candidate.

On top of that, Illinois has had a stench lately. I’m not sure I’d want to associate with that crew based on how their roster came together over the last few years. They have nothing particularly great to offer him and there is some risk of soiling his reputation if anything comes out about their miracle recruiting run.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So some guys talking on a message board means this is public now? No reports, no tweets, this is not news.

Reaction Score
If it happens it happens, only thing bringing optimism for me is that I keep reading blogs say that they want someone with National reaches Kimani is a standard in NYC/NJ, but if you wanted someone with NE connections & a national reach, Luke who till recently was unemployed, seems to fit the bill better
To someone in Illinois, NYC is National reach.

Reaction Score
Of course he is and at the end of the day there’s a certain range of money, we need to be in to keep him for this or the next opportunity. Don't underestimate Kimani being on the staff would help retain Kofi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom