Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Texas | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Texas

Who should get the Bad-Ass award for this game?

• Azura

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Katie Lou

Votes: 86 50.3%
  • Crystal

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Gabby

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Texas - played like they were the #2 team in the nation

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
On a night where Texas not only gave UCONN all they could handle, but seemed to outplay us for significant stretches (especially in the 1st half), UCONN gutted out a tough come from behind win. Since I watched the entire game, some comments before I post the voting:

Lou - she's my POG - shiner and all. Texas limited her a LOT but when she was open, she made it count. And she as terrific defensively.

Azura - she was the difference maker at several points - unguardable with her size and speed.

Gabby - some inexplicable TO's in running the offense from the top of the key, but her stats were close to a triple double (9 points, 11 boards, 6 assists).

Crystal - at times quiet, had a chance to nail a dagger 3 and missed it, but hit the dagger FT's at the end. And she OOZES confidence - LOVE the ball in her hands at all times.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou gets hit a lot. This isn't like Tiffany Hayes always hitting the floor because she would drive and be off balance. Katie Lou is getting slammed. Her eye was almost shut by the end of the game. I disagree with Rebecca. Intentional or not, you can hit someone in the eye with your elbow. Same goes with hockey and the stick and football and tackles. Intent doesn't play into the call. Also, she got fouled at the end of the first on her last second 3-point shot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really tough call. Love the way Lou played all game, but I gave it to Danger for the ice water in her veins when she knocked down the last 2 foul shots. As she was getting ready to shoot, I couldn’t help but think of the Tulane game last year when she clanked several missed FT’s with the game on the line. What a difference a year makes.

Reaction Score
Lou for having zero fouls and zero turnovers in a game that UConn had plenty of both and was handing it over quite a bit. Also for all the inbounds during late game and always getting it.

I love the way (determined) Kia and Crystal played the whole game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Chuck Wepner, The Bayonne Bleeder, votes for Lou

chuck-wepner.jpg

Reaction Score
Really tough call. Love the way Lou played all game, but I gave it to Danger for the ice water in her veins when she knocked down the last 2 foul shots. As she was getting ready to shoot, I couldn’t help but think of the Tulane game last year when she clanked several missed FT’s with the game on the line. What a difference a year makes.

As Geno and I remembered --she was magnificent in that as a Frosh she missed both in a similar situation--- A bit away from being a Frosh--look where she has arrived??

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Would have been a blowout if Collier had made the tip to Texas.

Good game from Williams, Samuelson ans Dangerfield.

Stevens needs to learn how to post up.

Reaction Score
Wow, many ways to go here, obviously Katy Lou takes a pounding beyond what one would think and carries on. CD has elevated her game and moxie to that of DT.
Nothing against the Kibitzer award but without any of the six that played tonight this is a loss. Bad-Ass goes to the team. ;)

I realize the the intensity of love for the team on this forum and the disdain for the opposition. It is very commendable that Texas was included in the pole. Good job by the OP on this one!
Karen Aston is on top of the game and aware of what is needed. Texas did a super job of packing the house (free shirts on every seat) and giving the ESPN Monday night crowd a taste of good woman's basketball. A Bad-Ass nod to her for proving UConn is not bad for the game. :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Lou, she shot 58% from the field, 50% from 3pt land, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, o fouls or t/o's, and did most of the damage with a shiner.

Reaction Score
Lou. Black eye. No problem.

If I had to be technical though, I would give the award to their free throw shooting. Yes it has been dismal as of late but they couldn't have picked a better game to start making them today sans those that Lou missed at such a critical moment.

Reaction Score
Crystal; played a great game and iced the W with two late free throws.
Two key plays Crystal made ..setting up azure for two and hitting both fits..won game

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I voted for Katie Lou, but we don't win that game without Stevens. They had nobody who could guard her. Yes, her defensive lapses cost us something at that end, but she was clutch in the second half when we had to have her offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom