Kibitizer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitizer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
Aaliyah too.
Could not agree more....
Aaliyah wasn't good at all
No attack @Martinj481 at you but did you watch the entire game and realize Aaliyah played the whole game other than 3 minutes. And while doing so played 3 different positions. As a big she was dribbling the ball up the floor like a guard a lot of the second half and most of the last 15 minutes.
Lets look at the entire picture before passing judgement. I have no problem with agreeing to disagree but I stand by what I saw.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin. She is so athletically talented. If she can stay healthy, I believe that after next season at UConn, she will a superstar professional.

Reaction Score
Clearly the best and most valuable player on the floor was Aubrey. That might’ve been one of the most complete games I’ve ever seen in a UConn uniform. 11/11, 5/6, 29 pts, 10 rebounds, without a turnover or a foul in a game when we couldn’t afford either.

However, to me, the real BA was Ines. Being thrown into that game, under those circumstances, and once she settled down being able to give them some much-needed minutes was huge. She had three points, (Plus, almost 2 more), one rebound, two assists, although she did turn it over four times. Hitting her final three free throws to ace the game can’t be understated. And, I believe she’s still only 17.

Reaction Score
Spectacular game for Aubrey, a real badass. HM for Aaliyah our new backup PG (because the remaining healthy players seemed to be incapable of getting the ball over the timeline).

Speaking of which, after Nika went down her value to the team was clearly demonstrated by the sloppy play for the remainder of the game.

Not a great game for Ines, but she did go 3 for 4 from the stripe when we really needed it. It could have been ugly otherwise. Continue to grow Ines, the team needs you.

Reaction Score
Just a comment on DeBerry and thought this was the most appropriate place to put it. And no, I am not suggesting she get any “award”; singling out individual players for awards in a team game is just not my cup of tea but that is nothing but a personal opinion, obviously the OVERWHELMING majority of sport people disagree with me.
Anyway, I pretty much know nothing about DeBerry except what I have seen at Uconn; until last night obviously all mop up time minutes. But put into the game early last night and playing major minutes throughout, I was impressed with the way she played, especially the way she carried herself on the court. No stats to speak of but she played a nice floor game and had no hesitation hitting the floor on several occasions fighting for loose balls. Those are the kind of things that can get you “started” if you will; sitting and watching and then being asked to go out and help your team win is a very, very tough situation to be in. Not at all sure if it says anything that she got in before Patterson and played almost 4 times the minutes but Bobby Knight used to always say you have to watch what players do when they don’t have the ball to judge their true value and I thought she played very well under those tough circumstances. Major KUDOs to her IMO.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Overall I thought Amari took a significant step forward. More hustle...more energy...diving on the floor...couple of
blocks at key points. Thought she passed up some perimeter shots she should have taken. I am sure NOT going to rewatch the game but I'll bet big figurative bucks that her rebound total is more than zero.

Reaction Score
I am sure NOT going to rewatch the game but I'll bet big figurative bucks that her rebound total is more than zero.
The box score says she had zero rebounds. She is 6’5,” played 26 minutes, and had zero rebounds. That is surprising to me for several reasons, one, because I thought I saw her get at least one.

Reaction Score
Could not agree more....

No attack @Martinj481 at you but did you watch the entire game and realize Aaliyah played the whole game other than 3 minutes. And while doing so played 3 different positions. As a big she was dribbling the ball up the floor like a guard a lot of the second half and most of the last 15 minutes.
Lets look at the entire picture before passing judgement. I have no problem with agreeing to disagree but I stand by what I saw.
She took 5 shots? And had 5 turnovers??? But today was another story! This is the AE the team needs every night!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom