Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 436 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

If this is true, I hope we play Kansas, Arizona, and West Virginia 2x in an 18-game schedule.

Possible schedule:
1. Fairfield (H)
2. Yale (H)
3. MTE
4. MTE
5. MTE
6. Fordham (H)
7. Syracuse (A) Yearly H/H
8. Villanova (H) Yearly H/H
9. St. John's (A) Big 12-Big East challenge
10. Holy Cross (H)
11. Providence (A) Yearly H/H
12. Georgetown (H) Yearly H/H
13. Maine (H)
14. WVU (H)
15. Cincinnati (A)
16. BYU (H)
17. Texas Tech (A)
18. Baylor (A)
19. Arizona (H)
20. Arizona State (H)
21. Colorado (A)
22. Kansas (A)
23. Kansas State (H)
24. Iowa State (H)
25. WVU (A)
26. Houston (H)
27. TCU (H)
28. Arizona (A)
29. Kansas (H)
30. UCF (A)
31. Oklahoma State (H)

XL slate: Yale, Villanova, Maine, WVU, BYU, Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas
Gampel slate: Fairfield, Fordham, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Arizona State, Kansas State, Houston, TCU, Oklahoma State

Football schedule:
1. Sacred Heart (H)
2. Boston College (H)
3. Syracuse (A)
4. Cincinnati (H) Annual rival
5. BYU (A)
6. Colorado (A)
7. Texas Tech (H)
8. WVU (A) Annual rival
9. Oklahoma State (A)
10. Baylor (H)
11. Houston (A)
12. UCF (H) Annual rival

Rent slate: Sacred Heart, Boston College, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Baylor, UCF

Reaction Score
I think this is our ace with the Big12:

Once the SEC and B1G get to 24 teams each, the football playoff will be SEC / B1G conference semis, conference finals, and conference winners play each other. They will have the leverage to freeze out everyone else and will do so.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
If this is true, I hope we play Kansas, Arizona, and West Virginia 2x in an 18-game schedule.

Possible schedule:
1. Fairfield (H)
2. Yale (H)
3. MTE
4. MTE
5. MTE
6. Fordham (H)
7. Syracuse (A) Yearly H/H
8. Villanova (H) Yearly H/H
9. St. John's (A) Big 12-Big East challenge
10. Holy Cross (H)
11. Providence (A) Yearly H/H
12. Georgetown (H) Yearly H/H
13. Maine (H)
14. WVU (H)
15. Cincinnati (A)
16. BYU (H)
17. Texas Tech (A)
18. Baylor (A)
19. Arizona (H)
20. Arizona State (H)
21. Colorado (A)
22. Kansas (A)
23. Kansas State (H)
24. Iowa State (H)
25. WVU (A)
26. Houston (H)
27. TCU (H)
28. Arizona (A)
29. Kansas (H)
30. UCF (A)
31. Oklahoma State (H)

XL slate: Yale, Villanova, Maine, WVU, BYU, Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas
Gampel slate: Fairfield, Fordham, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Arizona State, Kansas State, Houston, TCU, Oklahoma State

Football schedule:
1. Sacred Heart (H)
2. Boston College (H)
3. Syracuse (A)
4. Cincinnati (H) Annual rival
5. BYU (A)
6. Colorado (A)
7. Texas Tech (H)
8. WVU (A) Annual rival
9. Oklahoma State (A)
10. Baylor (H)
11. Houston (A)
12. UCF (H) Annual rival

Rent slate: Sacred Heart, Boston College, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Baylor, UCF
Civil ConFLiCT is so back

GG

Reaction Score
@Jaron_033

Now getting multiple people that have ties to UConn saying recruits are being told the move is in play. Don't think they'd be using that as a recruiting tactic if it weren't in stone. (I'm just the relay here, if you all are looking for a source I'm sorry. Take this as you will.)

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Civil ConFLiCT is so back
The funny part is if it is us, Zona, Colorado, and ASU, I would not be stunned if our three permanent rivals are Cincy, WVU, and UCF, and WVU and Cincy play the last week as well as us and UCF.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
The funny part is if it is us, Zona, Colorado, and ASU, I would not be stunned if our three permanent rivals are Cincy, WVU, and UCF, and WVU and Cincy play the last week as well as us and UCF.
Yeah, four adds to 16 is pretty perfect for this OBE/AAC reunion group to form a pod

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah, four adds to 16 is pretty perfect for this OBE/AAC reunion group to form a pod
Pods are probably what they would use:
Colorado, BYU, Arizona, Arizona State
UConn, UCF, Cincy, WVU
TTU, Baylor, TCU, Houston
Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State

I could see Okie State being upset with this though.

Reaction Score
@Jaron_033

Now getting multiple people that have ties to UConn saying recruits are being told the move is in play. Don't think they'd be using that as a recruiting tactic if it weren't in stone. (I'm just the relay here, if you all are looking for a source I'm sorry. Take this as you will.)
In high school multiple sources said I was hooking up with all the cheerleaders

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
UConn, UCF, Cincy, WVU

A lot to be said for this

Reaction Score
Once the SEC and B1G get to 24 teams each, the football playoff will be SEC / B1G conference semis, conference finals, and conference winners play each other. They will have the leverage to freeze out everyone else and will do so.
I don't think it plays out this way because it would in essence become a minor league to the NFL with no access for over half the teams across the country. I think the power brokers do/will realize that they would disenfranchise millions of college football fans and therefore reduce the tv value. The beauty of March Madness is the access cinderellas have - that is the golden goose.

Reaction Score
Lotta Flagships in these potential adds!

Reaction Score
UConn, UCF, Cincy, WVU

Those are the teams OSU has the longest history with, also not a difficult path on a yearly basis. However, I could see any flip flop between those 4 and TTU, Baylor and TCU.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Those are the teams OSU has the longest history with, also not a difficult path on a yearly basis. However, I could see any flip flop between those 4 and TTU, Baylor and TCU.
Okie St is going to want guaranteed access to Texas every year. If the Big12 can do that, they are set. Otherwise two of the Texas schools will flip with OkST and Iowa State.

Reaction Score
I don't think it plays out this way because it would in essence become a minor league to the NFL with no access for over half the teams across the country. I think the power brokers do/will realize that they would disenfranchise millions of college football fans and therefore reduce the tv value. The beauty of March Madness is the access cinderellas have - that is the golden goose.
In basketball there are cinderellas. In football, not so much. There is no football access for more than half the teams already. Once the B1G and SEC get to 48 teams, they will not share their football revenue with anyone else, and they will not allow access to anyone else. It wasn't so long ago that all the major bowl games were locked into conferences, and no other conference could get access.

Reaction Score
Okie St is going to want guaranteed access to Texas every year. If the Big12 can do that, they are set. Otherwise two of the Texas schools will flip with OkST and Iowa State.
In that pod set up each team would play the 3 teams in their pod every year and 2 teams from every other pod on a rotating basis. OSU would be guaranteed at least a game in Tex and 1 home game against a team from Tex, each year, as would every other team in the conference. Of course this is on a 9 game conference schedule.

Reaction Score
In basketball there are cinderellas. In football, not so much. There is no football access for more than half the teams already. Once the B1G and SEC get to 48 teams, they will not share their football revenue with anyone else, and they will not allow access to anyone else. It wasn't so long ago that all the major bowl games were locked into conferences, and no other conference could get access.
Basketball has 300+ schools; football 130. In football all you have to have is about 40 programs thinking they could be Cinderella and you have the March Madness effect given footballs limited number of games played. So, if B1G and SEC go to 20 or so schools and don't kick out their weaklings that would leave a decent number of schools in the rest of the football playing schools to think they could have a chance in a 12 or 16 team CFP. Just enough of a sniff to get/keep fanbases interested enough to keep the tv advertising dollars to keep flowing in across the entire country. Because in the final equation, tv revenue is what is the golden goose and that comes from advertisers that want to reach super regions/national audiences. Without that, the whole concept deflates.

Reaction Score
Trust me, I hope this happens But the fact Big 12 wants to wait for PAC 12 says everything. If they can get 4 or 2 of the ‘4 corner’ schools, UConn is once again pushed back in line.

From what I’m reading, I don’t think it’s likely for one or three to make the leap.
I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1998. Been through the great highs and miserable lows. The happiest moment was seeing us take down BC last year (ND was just awesome in its day, but BC was a burr in backside). Getting to a P5 where we belong is the icing on the cake of a very long journey. Patience and perseverance. It’s going to happen and you can thank Hurley, Mora, Geno, Penders for putting the school in prime position. It’s amazing what happens when the right people are on board. Keep the faith.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1998. Been through the great highs and miserable lows. The happiest moment was seeing us take down BC last year (ND was just awesome in its day, but BC was a burr in backside). Getting to a P5 where we belong is the icing on the cake of a very long journey. Patience and perseverance. It’s going to happen and you can thank Hurley, Mora, Geno, Penders for putting the school in prime position. It’s amazing what happens when the right people are on board. Keep the faith.
You got any inside information?

Reaction Score
Aaron Torres is talking about basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom