Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 397 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

The tweet makes it sound like there is more too it, but this is how executive sessions work. There are a number of condition under which an otherwise public body my enter them and one is contract negotiation. Unexecuted contracts are confidential, but official votes cannot take place in executive session.

Reaction Score

Interesting Tweet by Benedict. I wonder what his intentions were with it. I don’t have twitter, so I don’t have any context to it. Was it a blanket advertisement of UConn athletics? Was it directed toward the ACC? Is he hinting at joining the ACC?

In my opinion, if I were an AD such as Dave, a tweet like this makes us seem like victims, it has a “look how good we are even though we got left out, can we come and play too?” kind of vibe to it. I wouldn’t tweet anything like this UNLESS…we’re actually secretly making the move to a P5 conference. In which case the tweet takes on a “if you think we’re good now, watch how good we’ll be when we add $35-50 million in TV revenue” vibe. The ladder is the only scenario that would prompt me to tweet something like this. But that’s just me, I’m not an AD

Reaction Score
Interesting Tweet by Benedict. I wonder what his intentions were with it. I don’t have twitter, so I don’t have any context to it. Was it a blanket advertisement of UConn athletics? Was it directed toward the ACC? Is he hinting at joining the ACC?

In my opinion, if I were an AD such as Dave, a tweet like this makes us seem like victims, it has a “look how good we are even though we got left out, can we come and play too?” kind of vibe to it. I wouldn’t tweet anything like this UNLESS…we’re actually secretly making the move to a P5 conference. In which case the tweet takes on a “if you think we’re good now, watch how good we’ll be when we add $35-50 million in TV revenue” vibe. The ladder is the only scenario that would prompt me to tweet something like this. But that’s just me, I’m not an AD
This is the tweet that AD Dave commented “Powerful” to…

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Every other school in the Tweet that the "Powerful" tweet references is in the FBS P5, with a fat media deal.

Reaction Score
I don’t think any of the other schools have hockey as a NCAA sport.
Four current B1G schools have women’s ice hockey:

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Penn State

OSU won their first national championship last year. Wisconsin and Minnesota have won multiple national championships. So many in fact that the only other schools who have won are Minnesota-Duluth and Clarkson, who are each multi-time national champs as well. Those are the only 4 schools to win it all since women’s ice hockey became an NCAA sport in 2000-2001. Ohio State became the fifth school with a national championship last year.

Reaction Score
I think you will the see growth of conference networks before individual school streams. Regardless of the service, the SEC and B1G will get the money. We need to get into a P5 conference for long term viability.
Conference networks subs and revenues are currently driven by MSAs so a school like Rutgers is very valuable. When people have to opt in or buy a conference network, fan bases and brands will be the drivers of subs and revenues. And, the conference will know what fan bases are driving subs and they could decide to divide revenues by subs per school. For example, if Ohio State is bringing in 5 million subs and Rutgers is bringing in 300 k subs, why would they get the same payout? And why not bring in other schools into their conference if the payout is based on actual subs interested in the school?

Reaction Score

Sam Connon

@SamConnon

It feels like all the UC Regents really accomplished during their 6-month temper tantrum was prove to the entire world that UCLA is a more valuable, lucrative and popular brand than Cal. This may bring the Golden Bears a bit of cash, but it also cements them as a little brother.

7:48 PM · Dec 14, 2022

Reaction Score
Texas and Oklahoma would at least owe the Big 12 a termination fee for leaving early. The contract states any school departing early owes two years' worth of revenue. Using an average annual figure of $42 million, the Big 12 could reap as much as $168 million if Texas and Oklahoma give notice to the league 18 months in advance.

That sum could be negotiated down depending on each side's willingness to get a deal done. Whatever monies are paid could conceivably be used to fund Big 12 expansion, sources told CBS Sports. It could also be distributed to existing members.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I nominate AD David Benedict to fill the position. Dave will have the right vision to elevate the B1G to its fullest and that starts with adding the flagship state university of New England. Once UConn is added ND will have no choice. ;)
Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I was reading this thinking “what?! Oh, OK”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom