Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 348 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

This is on the struggles within the PAC over how to get used to complying with the Alston ruling.

Reaction Score
If you're going to pay the players, pay'em!!!

Last thing we need is kids complaining that their C+ knocked them out of receiving $5k from the school.

More dimwitted idiocy from the courts

Reaction Score
Can the university afford the Big East buyout right now? Lmao
If it meant a seat at the B1G Round Table, absolutely.

money-fun-coupons.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s not budgeted, because it’s not happening, but that wasn’t the question. The question was can UConn afford the buyout. The answer is yes, easily, with cash on hand, if it choose to.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, our next university president will prioritize getting into ACC or B10, as well as promoting university research so we are competitive for AAU membership.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hopefully, our next university president will prioritize getting into ACC or B10, as well as promoting university research so we are competitive for AAU membership.
I’m not sure there’s much a university president can do to get us into another conference, except continue to support athletics and, as you point out make sure we continue to expand our federal research grants.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure there’s much a university president can do to get us into another conference, except continue to support athletics and, as you point out make sure we continue to expand our federal research grants.
The president can direct admissions office to be lenient when it comes to admitting promising football players, the president can appoint the athletic director who must be committed to outstanding sports teams, the president can be a spokesperson for the fan base and the teams, and the president can network with presidents at P5 conference schools, etc.

CL82

Reaction Score
The president can direct admissions office to be lenient when it comes to admitting promising football players, the president can appoint the athletic director who must be committed to outstanding sports teams, the president can be a spokesperson for the fan base and the teams, and the president can network with presidents at P5 conference schools, etc.

Agree with you regarding admissions. That has been an issue over the years. Disagree with the implied suggestion that Dave Benedict is not committed to outstanding sports teams. I don’t particularly want school president to be a spokesperson for the Fanbase in the teams. That’s not anything that they should be involved in nor are they likely to be particularly good at it. Presidents should network with their peers, however, that’s extraordinarily unlikely to change the dynamics of conference realignment as they currently exist.

CL82

Reaction Score
are not they still getting tax credits from the state?
I believe so, but I don’t think the state can retroactively change what’s already been granted.

Reaction Score
I believe so, but I don’t think the state can retroactively change what’s already been granted.
Lawmakers can do what they please. The Florida government has (at least for now) taken away the Disney deal, and I would bet that Disney brings in a lot more money to Florida than ESPN brings to CT. It would be interesting to know how many and which CT lawmakers receive generous donations from ESPN to keep UConn out of the P5. Is that public information to see to whom ESPN donates money to keep their gig going?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom