Kevin Willard not happy about our return to Big East | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kevin Willard not happy about our return to Big East

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure we were the Evil Empire before. Syracuse and Georgetown fans probably felt it a little more than PC fans though. Our rivalry with PC is underrated. I love playing Providence.

Reaction Score

Funny stuff you’re so inconsistent though. This reply is only what you’re thinking not what “everybody” is. But feel free J! Lol

Reaction Score
You know what coach and program I respect, Jay Wright and VIllanova. They didn't see themselves as a regional Catholic program. They saw themselves as a major national program and one of the best, turns out they are now one of the best.

Reaction Score
Honesty on any level is refreshing
He could also be trying to establish UConn as a Big Rival Rivals =excitement
UConn v Nova
UConn v Georgetown (nostalgia )
UConn vs PC Regional

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can't blame these guys, UConn is a potential negative impact on their future earnings.

Reaction Score

Hopefully the team/programs you root for always have the chance to beat the best. As you say many times, depending on the rivalry, it could be hatred. But for most in this league it will be due to the respect of wanting to beat the team with the most National Championships and history returning. Just a natural fan reaction with the likes of Xavier, Butler, Creighton who we rarely play. Not all hate as much as it is college hoops passion.

Reaction Score

Did I say that? Can you read? Again you’re way too consistent to be here a lot. Take a rest already.

Reaction Score
Are you a fan of Kevin Willard's humor?? Go with decaff next time at Dunkin' Donuts

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Maybe Seton Hall should just work harder and figure out how to get better in all aspects of their basketball program? #salty

Reaction Score
UConn is the big brother who moved back home and threw the little whiny brother out of his room. Now little brother is back in the bunk bed sharing a room with the 9yo.
You had your chance to own New England Providence. Your time ran out with nothing to show.

Reaction Score
1603994234090.png

Reaction Score
UConn is the big brother who moved back home and threw the little whiny brother out of his room. Now little brother is back in the bunk bed sharing a room with the 9yo.
You had your chance to own New England Providence. Your time ran out with nothing to show.
This.

Reaction Score
When I was younger I always rooted for UConn, but respected the Providence Friars with Ernie D, Marvin Barnes, Kevin Stacom. Especially the Final Four Team in 73. Later with Billy Eason Joey Hassett Bruce Campbell and others. Also the late Dave Gavitt (classy) and the great commish Mike Tranghese!! But from my perspective following UConn since 1970 to now I have a different perspective. When UConn took over New England dominance starting in 1988 Friar fans have become paranoid. Jealous of the Huskies 4 National Championships countless Big East Championships. Is their a rivalry yes to an extent. But Friar J relax!! It's like my friend said a few minutes ago. Providence is about dead legends. Make new ones!!!!

Reaction Score
PC has always played an entertaining brand of ball.. Going back to Ernie D and Marvin.. Let the games begin..

Reaction Score
Many a truth spoken in jest, grasshopper
As usual with Willard, his bone-dry sarcasm contained an unmistakable kernel of truth: While nobody in the league doubts that UConn’s return is good for business, there’s a nagging, gnawing feeling that they let the fox into the henhouse. That the Huskies — who wanted out so badly seven years ago — are barging back into a carefully calibrated brotherhood with their state-school resources, marauding fan base and visions of domination.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom