Kevin Freeman to be Named New Assistant Coach | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman to be Named New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
No way Webster turned down 250k. Guess Freeman was the first choice.
Yeah I absolutely agree. The athletic department essentially told Hurley he could spend up to 300 k prob which goes against some posters belief that he was hired for financial reasons

Reaction Score

JOB SUMMARY - The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for a full time position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Responsibilities include: assist and support the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a high major Division I program including practice and game preparation, scouting of opponents, and the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s degree; two years of full-time coaching experience working within a men’s collegiate Division I basketball program; demonstrated experience in the recruitment and development of outstanding student-athletes; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Four years as a member of a men’s collegiate Division I basketball staff; former playing experience at the collegiate level; experience in overall basketball operations at the collegiate level, including a demonstrated understanding of team travel, schedule and budget; and involvement in student-athlete community service activities.

APPOINTMENT TERMS - Salary will be commensurate with experience.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 31, 2020.

Funny how the formal announcement today hits on all the key points/qualifications of the job description ;)

>"Kevin has always been a great ambassador for the University of Connecticut and he exemplifies the personal and professional qualities that build a championship level organization," Hurley said. "His success in his career as a player and a coach, his understanding of the game and of team, along with his character as a man made this choice an easy one for me."

Freeman, 42, has spent the past two years as an assistant coach at Penn State University out of the Big Ten Conference, helping the Nittany Lions post a 21-10 record last year, before the cancellation of the season.

Previous to his time at Penn State, Freeman was UConn's director of basketball administration from 2012-13 to 2017-18, after serving as assistant director for one year in 2011-12. Besides his responsibilities as the coordinator for all the Huskies' travel and the practice schedules at home and on the road, Freeman also served as the liaison between the men's program and the university administration, as well as the campus community.<

Reaction Score

WOW. I don’t know who said money was the issue because they could’ve gotten Webster too. Money wasn’t an issue. I am shocked Kevin got that much tbh.

I agree but the conspiracy theorists will find a way to spin it lol

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Anyone know the story of Coach Freeman's oldest child? Just a great looking family and I wish I new the story as a fellow adoptive parent.

Reaction Score
Billy Packer is such a . “One hand for the rebound, one hand for the push off.” Classic Packer back-handed compliment insinuating he should have been called for a violation.
Packer couldn't hide his pro-Duke / anti-UConn bias. The Voskuhl block on Brand, Packer was completely embarrassing- and wrong- with his reaction.

Reaction Score
Kekoa, Sire and Legend Freeman are his kids names. That's awesome.
Kekoa - brave, courageous, warrior; name is of Polynesian origin. The youngest Freeman's shirt aptly sums up his father's return home: "Full Court Awesome".

Reaction Score

"UConn really embedded in me the will to grind and outwork the next person, and it has come to fruition.”

Looks like Freeman is ready for The Grind™

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom