Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Reaction Score
Hurley knows what’s he’s doing. I’m sure he’ll bring in a great assistant and he already likely knows who.

Reaction Score
1598215707354.jpeg

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Kenya, but I feel like some people read this news as it being Kimani. I said this elsewhere, but he thinks this is the better path for him to be a head coach. Perception is everything, and he’s not the one considered by “basketball people” to be the next one to get a head coaching job. On the Indiana staff, I think that changes.

There’s also a head coach out there who is mad about this because it just messed up his staff.
And with DH track record, I feel like the upset head coach is whoever DH poaches Kenya’s replacement from

Reaction Score
I said the same thing in another thread when rumors started and was hit with the lateral move argument. Perhaps it was a great offer and UConn would have had to both match and bump up the other 2 assistants to keep them happy as well. Would Kenya try to recruit Hawkins to Indiana now?
Bloomington Bound

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
You hate to see it. But no, you really do hate it.

Reaction Score
Sign of a Program on the rise.. No way UConn dollars can compete with Big 12 dollars for assistants.. FB Programs throwing a lot of money into the bank account.. DH will have a great deal of interest for that position.. Don't laugh.. What about Scott B?(I know he's a HC)..Could open up things for Taliek to a take a more active role..

Last edited:

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
How many minutes was he here and is Indiana a better situation than a loaded, Big East UCONN??? Whatever. Good bye

Reaction Score
If a recruit decommits solely because an assistant coach left after talking about how good of a connection he had with the players and head coach (which all recent recruits said iirc) then that's a red flag. Assistants are important in the recruiting process, but kids commit to the head coach and the players as much as, if not more than, the assistants. It's not football where a recruit will spend the majority of his time with a coordinator.

Reaction Score
the only positive sign is that kids are excited to play for DH

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
DH, like every D1 HC, has a short list in the top drawer of his desk.

All these high level assistants have career aspirations and they don't max out as asst coach.

It is what it is and it's not always obvious or logical to fans why coaches choose to move.

JC lost a bunch of assistants. KO's staff? Not so much.

Reaction Score
Someone on the cbb reddit said that they heard Kenya took LESS money to go to IU. If that’s true, then that is truly mind bottling. Less money to go to a program with zero hype and lets be honest..archie miller isn’t a great coach
Then he surely went to IU with DH's "blessing".

Reaction Score
Weird he went to Indiana for less money. Uconn will easily be a better rated school going forward. Well whatever we trust in Hurley!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom