OT: - kemba with 21 tonight. shot the three well and got to the line. | The Boneyard

OT: kemba with 21 tonight. shot the three well and got to the line.

Reaction Score
Really hard to watch right now, even harder when you see how Hayward is playing in Charlotte. Since his return he's pretty much continued on with his putrid bubble play. If he's cooked then it really limits the Celtics ceiling with that contract for the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
I haven’t been watching lately, so I don’t have an opinion. My buddy, who is a big Celtics fan, tells me Kemba is just in a shooting slump since he came back. I have no idea if that’s the case, but if he is just missing a ton of jump shots, he’ll probably figure it out. He’s a tireless worker.

It sounds like a lot of other people think it is more serious and he’s physically damaged. Frankly, I’d take Aceboon’s analysis over my buddy’s based on track record. Hopefully, Kemba recovers.

Reaction Score
not as hard-to-watch as jeff teague, though...

seriously though, as a celtics fan and a kemba fan, i have to believe that he will find his shot in the second half of the season. he can still move and generate good looks. from the celtics perspective, he only needs to be serviceable through next season. in the fourth year of his contract, he is expiring and can be packaged with picks and/or young guys for a better player.

Reaction Score
not as hard-to-watch as jeff teague, though...

seriously though, as a celtics fan and a kemba fan, i have to believe that he will find his shot in the second half of the season. he can still move and generate good looks. from the celtics perspective, he only needs to be serviceable through next season. in the fourth year of his contract, he is expiring and can be packaged with picks and/or young guys for a better player.
Teague signing made no sense to me, I thought the TWolves performed better with Bazz on the floor last season before he got traded

Reaction Score
Had a good 2nd half Fri. night with the Celtics coming from behind to beat the clippers.

Reaction Score
Had a good 2nd half Fri. night with the Celtics coming from behind to beat the clippers.
Yep Kemba was fantastic the other night down the stretch.

Hes 3/18 today though :(

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Since the head injury he hasn’t played the same.

Reaction Score
Teague signing made no sense to me, I thought the TWolves performed better with Bazz on the floor last season before he got traded

c's should have signed bazz. i don't even think that's my national-flag-blue-colored glasses speaking, either.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's looking like he gave his knees to Charlotte, he's borderline unplayable

Reaction Score
I just looked it up and he's shooting about 35% for the season. I thought it would be like 25% by the way he's looked the last handful of games. He's in a brutal slump. Hope he gets out of it soon.

Reaction Score
who would’ve thought that after became an all star that he’d be the 3rd best player on a team

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's looking like he gave his knees to Charlotte, he's borderline unplayable
i mean, he was an all-star starter last year... i know it goes quickly for point guards, but it still looks to me like he is moving fine and just missing open looks. i'm not panicking yet.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He was like 12th in playoff Raptor last year on one leg.

And on a short layoff with no training camp, let’s see what happens by the time the playoffs roll around.

The NBA is the least valuable regular season in all of sports

Reaction Score

And on a short layoff with no training camp, let’s see what happens by the time the playoffs roll around.

Hockey? Where lower seeds seem to beat higher seeds all the time and the best team in the regular season seems to never win the Stanley Cup.

Reaction Score

Beat me to it. There is some real recency bias when people act like he was bad in the playoffs last year. He struggled against Miami, which obviously sticks in peoples' heads, but he was still their second best playoff performer overall last year behind Tatum by pretty much any advanced metric.

This year is concerning so far, but I think he'll figure it out. If he could perform well in the playoffs pre-surgery, I would expect that post-surgery this year he should do at least as well. So far that hasn't been the case but I'm hoping it is just some extended rust since he couldn't practice at all this offseason. Hayward wasn't initially great when he came back from his various injuries, either.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Exactly. A lot of these obits are coming way too soon.

the Q

Reaction Score
Exactly. A lot of these obits are coming way too soon.

I will say if the celts don’t deliver this year I could see trader Danny really shaking things this offseason

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I will say if the celts don’t deliver this year I could see trader Danny really shaking things this offseason
He's going to shake it up regardless given the TPE, which has to be used by December. But my guess is that the core 3 (Tatum, Brown & Smart) are close to untradeable, and that Kemba is unlikely to be traded regardless given his age and contract.

Of the rest of the team the ones I hope he keeps are Theis, Grant & Pritchard. Everyone else is completely expendable IMO, and I would gladly ship off any of them to get a shooter who'd open up the floor for the core group. Don't even have to touch the TPE -- just throw like Ben McLemore or Wayne Ellington out there, and it'd make a huge difference.

the Q

Reaction Score
He's going to shake it up regardless given the TPE, which has to be used by December. But my guess is that the core 3 (Tatum, Brown & Smart) are close to untradeable, and that Kemba is unlikely to be traded regardless given his age and contract.

Of the rest of the team the ones I hope he keeps are Theis, Grant & Pritchard. Everyone else is completely expendable IMO, and I would gladly ship off any of them to get a shooter who'd open up the floor for the core group. Don't even have to touch the TPE -- just throw like Ben McLemore or Wayne Ellington out there, and it'd make a huge difference.

The Knicks waived Ellington, they could’ve gotten him real cheap and Danny chose not to.

I think smart is 100% on the table.

Theis I expect to be dealt at the deadline since he’s a fa at the end of the year and this is already a tax paying team next year with tatum’s extension kicking in.

A stretch 4 would be nice. Someone like Larry nance jr.

I’m also a fan of getting richaun Holmes as they need more beef to bang with embiid.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. There is some real recency bias when people act like he was bad in the playoffs last year. He struggled against Miami, which obviously sticks in peoples' heads, but he was still their second best playoff performer overall last year behind Tatum by pretty much any advanced metric.

This year is concerning so far, but I think he'll figure it out. If he could perform well in the playoffs pre-surgery, I would expect that post-surgery this year he should do at least as well. So far that hasn't been the case but I'm hoping it is just some extended rust since he couldn't practice at all this offseason. Hayward wasn't initially great when he came back from his various injuries, either.
I forgot when it comes to the NBA this board doesn't actually watch the games, he wasn't better than Jaylen Brown last year in the playoffs, Tatum and Brown were the 2 best Celtics and no calculator can tell me otherwise.

Reaction Score
I forgot when it comes to the NBA this board doesn't actually watch the games, he wasn't better than Jaylen Brown last year in the playoffs, Tatum and Brown were the 2 best Celtics and no calculator can tell me otherwise.
I watch every game but keep being snarky. Brown is my favorite Celtic, so I don't know why you're acting like I'm trying to slight him. He may have been better in the playoffs last year - neither your eyes or statistics provide that data conclusively - but it wasn't by any exceptional amount, unlike Tatum.

Basically it went:
1 - Tatum
2a/2b - Brown/Kemba

Kemba = 19.6/4.1/5.1 with a 2.6 A/TO ratio & On-Off +3.4
Brown = 21.8/7.5/2.3 with a 0.96 A/TO ratio & On-Off -4.7

Have a great day, though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I watched a little bit of the Cs game earlier this week. Kemba's shooting was off, for sure, but he was very active. I have no clue what his defense is like and it's the NBA so who cares.

He didn't look cooked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom