Kemba traded to Detroit | The Boneyard

Kemba traded to Detroit

Reaction Score

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I hate, absolutely hate when our guys go to Charlotte. A complete waste of Kemba’s prime. Still bothers the elf outta me. Plus Mek and Lamb wasting talent out there. Bouk tbd. Here’s to hoping Kemba lands on a contender and maybe he has a little left in the tank.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate, absolutely hate when our guys go to Charlotte. A complete waste of Kemba’s prime. Still bothers the elf outta me. Plus Mek and Lamb wasting talent out there. Bouk tbd. Here’s to hoping Kemba lands on a contender and maybe he has a little left in the tank.
When he was drafted and went to the Hornets it was a really good fit for Kemba
It allowed him a chance to play decent minutes and became an All Star
What hurt Kemba was/is his knees - not Charlotte
Jeremy blossomed his last 2 seasons in Charlotte and it allowed him to sign large contract(s)
Bouk is his own worst enemy - always has been and always will be - it has nothing to do with the organization. He should count his blessings he didn't have Tibbs, van Gundy, Pops, Doc, Spoelstra or Quin Snyder coaching when he pulled some of his BS.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, he can find a Ray Allen type role on a contender without the pressure to start.

Reaction Score
Love Kemba but I don't see a much of a role for him in the NBA. A sub 6 foot guard with no knees and a career 36% 3PT shooter doesn't have much value to a contending team unless they go the Udonis Haslem player-coach route. I think his ceiling at this point in his career is 40-50 games a year for about 20 MPG, 10/3/3 splits at best if he landed on a mediocre team; and at that point, why wouldn't a NBA team just try to develop younger guys with potential.

Reaction Score
Love Kemba but I don't see a much of a role for him in the NBA. A sub 6 foot guard with no knees and a career 36% 3PT shooter doesn't have much value to a contending team unless they go the Udonis Haslem player-coach route. I think his ceiling at this point in his career is 40-50 games a year for about 20 MPG, 10/3/3 splits at best if he landed on a mediocre team; and at that point, why wouldn't a NBA team just try to develop younger guys with potential.
Yep, his entire game is based on his quickness (change of direction.) When his knees were right he was devastating and could always get his shot off with ease. Just a tiny drop off in this quickness is the difference between him getting his shot off and sneaking in for layups and him getting swallowed up by defenders.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure Kemba was a salary dump by the Knicks along with picks 11 and 13 to open up cap space for Jalen Brunson. Knicks also got futures. I watched Kemba last year--he had some good games but he would really need like 3-4 days to recover from bigger minutes had super trouble going back to back. Needs a very small role

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fishing around the dials the other day, looking or listening for talk aboot hicks homerun, i actually hit the radio button for new yak's 'all sports gambling' station. sum host there, reflecting on the current and continual nonsense that is all things 'nix,' he went on hard aboot how, based on the last two decades of nix hokum, he ain't listening to any of it, no more. enlightenment always takes time.
i did find it odd that anyone, anywhere, at any time, thinks ivey is a point guard. mebbe detroit thinks kwalk can help that guy on that subject, tho i doubt it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
One of us has to be high Cliff, not sure if it's you or me after reading your post. Carry on "bro ".
what's the issue?
that the nix are a decades long joke? kind of hard to argue aboot that.
or is it the 'ivey ain't no point guard?' for sure, reasonable minds could differ as there is no pro evidence at hand yet, but it just strikes me hard that it's so.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what's wrong with Kemba's knee(s)? I take it it's not something he can fix with surgery? If his knees don't improve he's gonna have to call it a career.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what's wrong with Kemba's knee(s)? I take it it's not something he can fix with surgery? If his knees don't improve he's gonna have to call it a career.
I believe he has an issue with arthritis and little to no cartridge in his knee

Just wear and tear not fixable

Reaction Score
I believe he has an issue with arthritis and little to no cartridge in his knee

Just wear and tear not fixable

Can still play a role on a contender. Leadership is extraordinary. He can play limited minutes and be effective as we saw a handful of times last year with the Knicks.

Reaction Score
He can't jump at all anymore. He is still quick off the dribble, but once he beats his man he can't do much unless the step back is hitting.

Reaction Score
Kemba is finished, unfortunately. He's as big of a liability as there is on the defensive end of the floor. I would not be surprised if he never plays another NBA game.

Reaction Score
No cartilage, dates all the way back to 2010 when he had his meniscus snippedin his left knee. DWade did the same thing in college and it led to his knee injuries that impacted him in his final NBA years.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
In the short off-season between the Bubble and the ensuing season, Kemba underwent an experimental stem cell procedure that's banned in the US as a last-ditch effort to re-grow cartilage. Kobe used to get that same treatment for his arthritic knee. While it's apparently helped him to live a more pain-free life, it hasn't brought back his explosiveness and it hasn't allowed him to play in back-to-back games.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where Kemba could fit. Any young team not focused on making the playoffs won't want him taking minutes from their guards and a contender may want a first guard off the bench that is a better defender. Maybe the clippers?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where Kemba could fit. Any young team not focused on making the playoffs won't want him taking minutes from their guards and a contender may want a first guard off the bench that is a better defender. Maybe the clippers?
I like the idea of him as a backup in Dallas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom