Kemba to Knicks | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kemba to Knicks

Reaction Score
My daughter was there last night. She was excited to see Kemba. He hit a three immediately.
That’s awesome. I haven’t been to a Knicks game since the Melo/Amari years and would like to this year. Real easy team to root for.

Reaction Score
I've always liked D-Rose and I love his response here:

I didn’t like Rose because of all the Calipari filth that got all over him at Memphis, but he turned out to be a great guy. What he’s done with his life and career after what should have been a career ending injury is incredible. He’s a model for how to be a pro and I’d love to have him on my team. He’s just a really strong, humble and decent guy. While his career didn’t turn out the way it could have, it’s still been a great and inspiring one.

Reaction Score
I didn’t like Rose because of all the Calipari filth that got all over him at Memphis, but he turned out to be a great guy. What he’s done with his life and career after what should have been a career ending injury is incredible. He’s a model for how to be a pro and I’d love to have him on my team. He’s just a really strong, humble and decent guy. While his career didn’t turn out the way it could have, it’s still been a great and inspiring one.

^^^This^^^ exactly what I’ve said about him as a player and person watching last year. And honestly I probably never gave him much of a chance because of his Calipari affiliation.

Reaction Score
The Knicks culture changed overnight once they got Rose, an extension of Thibs. I can’t believe they got him for Dennis Smith Jr (acquired in the Porzingis deal btw) and a 2nd rd pick.

Reaction Score
I've always liked D-Rose and I love his response here:

I randomly met D Rose at a cvs in DC a few years ago, we were staying at same hotel across the street. Super chill guy. I'll never forget we walked out at same time, and I said I think we need to head up the block (to the nearest crosswalk) and next thing I know he just starts crossing the street as cars are driving down M Street. Basically he sonned me, but still I've been a fan ever since

Reaction Score
I was absolutely murdered off edibles when he had his 50 point game a few years back. I was in a hotel in on business in Salem, New Hampshire and watching the game while on the phone with Linda my 78 year old Italian aunt. I had tears in my eyes as I tried explaining to my aunt why it was a big deal that he had such a big game. I was so happy for him.

I talked to my aunt the next day and she said she didn't understand a word I said.

Reaction Score
Now if only Dolan would sell the team.
The Mara family might be worse. For as much backlash that Dolan gets and it’s well deserved it is overblown by the media, the same media that kisses the Maras and the Steinbrenner’s ass.

Reaction Score
The Mara family might be worse. For as much backlash that Dolan gets and it’s well deserved it is overblown by the media, the same media that kisses the Maras and the Steinbrenner’s ass.
It's not overblown, Dolan is the biggest jackarse around.

Reaction Score
It's not overblown, Dolan is the biggest jackarse around.
He is a jackass but at least he’s not a a pansy like the Yankees and Giants ownership. He has made an effort to win has he made horrible moves and planned horribly yes. He has made a concerted effort to go after Lebron in 2010, Durant a couple of years ago. He brought in Melo and Amare obviously didn’t work out, he planned much better the 2nd go around after striking out on KD. Even in the Isiah era there was urgency to make moves obviously had zero plan there and a ton of dysfunction.

The Maras and Steinbrenner’s have rode the family name and can do no wrong in the media’s eye, winning championships in NY gives you a pass.

The Knicks past history will always shed a negative light best thing Dolan can do is stay the he’ll out of the way as he’s done lately, Rose and Kemba give the franchise stability ultimately of course you gotta win a rd at least.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I hate the Knicks, always have. It’s telling that Kemba is going to turn me into a Knicks fan this year. I hope he has an all-star season, starting against my Celtics tonight.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've (supposedly) been a Knick fan since I watched the finals with my father in 1970. The last time I cared, the game was interrupted by breaking news, OJ was getting chased by the police down the 5 by the PoPo. I was a bar in San Francisco, so the local station never went back to the game coverage. They lost Games 6 & 7 shortly thereafter and I haven't given a rats a** about them since. Until I see Kemba on the floor tonight.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they showed a quick glympse of Jimmy C at the game. Tough for him, huge Celtics fan

Reaction Score
Gonna need cardiac Kemba tonight, Brown might get 50.

Reaction Score
Shocked Thibs kept Kemba in the game after that braindead play at the end, figured he would be more loyal to DRose.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
"Back 2 back careless plays by Walker" - Mark Jackson

Reaction Score
Meantime Drummond got 17 rebounds in 19 minutes. That’s the type of statistic that impresses Chief. That’s a 40 rebound rate in theory over the full 48 minutes. Unbelievable number.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom