Kemba pass | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba pass

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ask Jim Calhoun if he shoudve guarded laettner on inbounds in 1990.
If they guarded Laettner, Duke would have went with their 1st option - A pass down low for a dunk. Sellers couldn't jump and Burrell fouled out so they needed to hedge low to protect for that pass. So instead of a dunk they had a double-pump 18 footer with a guy running at him. He made a tough shot..

Reaction Score
If they guarded Laettner, Duke would have went with their 1st option - A pass down low for a dunk. Sellers couldn't jump and Burrell fouled out so they needed to hedge low to protect for that pass. So instead of a dunk they had a double-pump 18 footer with a guy running at him. He made a tough shot..
True enough, but you take your chance with Alaa Abdelnaby vs arguably a top 10 ever college player that's made many a big shot

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
True enough, but you take your chance with Alaa Abdelnaby vs arguably a top 10 ever college player that's made many a big shot
If that was the case, why didn't the great Coach K make Laettner the first option?

Reaction Score
Ask Jim Calhoun if he shoudve guarded laettner on inbounds in 1990.

There were 2.5 seconds left. Very different scenario. You're not passing the ball back to the inbounder with a half second on the clock.

That said, I was fine with the decision.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
tatum, brown & smart need to shake off the toxic irving

c’mon man, they beat my sixers. embiid is better than any player except maybe the brow
There are quite a few players better than Embiid
He wasn't even the best player on the court vs the Celtics
I guess you are a sixers fan

Reaction Score
Overall a lack of communication by the Celts. The Globe said they were in a zone which I don't understand and Smart was calling for Brown to cover the corner, but somewhere this fell apart as Brown was too late. IMO a man to man would have been a better call at that point. But give Toronto credit, great pass and adjustment by Toronto.
I think what Stevens was trying to avoid with man-to-man was a bunch of picks which would have freed someone up for an even easier shot than they got. Credit to Lowry for executing a perfect pass over Fall and Anunoby for a tough shot at the buzzer (he kind of went off 1 foot and made it look strange). It's the NBA, the best basketball players in the world, it happens sometimes.

On to game 4.

Reaction Score
If that was the case, why didn't the great Coach K make Laettner the first option?
You're proving my point, this is the guy that designed the Trajan Langdon play.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was watching the game live and as the time was ticking down, and the play became frenzied, I knew it was Kemba time. That is when he thrives the most!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For a second, I thought he was about to break McGhee's ankles....
The play took me right back to that...poor McGee - he was a good player and that's what he's known for

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You're proving my point, this is the guy that designed the Trajan Langdon play.
Ok smart guy, but he wasn't known as the money time shooter at the time he was inbounding the ball. That's pure redboarding.

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kyle Lowry took advantage of a major bubble quirk <a href="https://post original url/uabpkPSo63">pic.twitter.com/uabpkPSo63</a></p>&mdash; Kirk Goldsberry (@kirkgoldsberry) <a href="">September 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Hate to say it. Hes minimum top 5 college player.
Hate to say it even more...but yeah. Can't stand him but respect the he!! out of his game...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul