Kemba pass | The Boneyard

Kemba pass

Reaction Score
Make a pass more difficult, deflect it and have time expire, attempt to get a five second call. What would you do, fall into a zone?
No chance a guy is left wide open like OG was in that scenario so yes

Reaction Score
It's 4 vs 4 so play a man to man on this. Not sure the Celts were playing man to man though. No way you leave a man wide open in the corner. Not sure what Brown;'s responsibility was, but it sure looked like he blew the coverage.

Reaction Score
Theis didn’t know where to be and caused Jaylen to pick up Gasol. Great game to watch. Hoping my C’s can pull out the series. What a game from Kemba. Smart and Tatum could be better but I’m confident Celtics take this one

Reaction Score
No chance a guy is left wide open like OG was in that scenario so yes
Why is there “no chance” a guy is left open? Are you playing man or are you playing zone? There still is always a chance an assignment is missed and someone gets open. I’ll put the 7’5” guy on the 6’ inbounder any day over leaving his vision fully open.

Reaction Score
tatum, brown & smart need to shake off the toxic irving

c’mon man, they beat my sixers. embiid is better than any player except maybe the brow

Reaction Score
It's 4 vs 4 so play a man to man on this. Not sure the Celts were playing man to man though. No way you leave a man wide open in the corner. Not sure what Brown;'s responsibility was, but it sure looked like he blew the coverage.
They went over it on Celtics postgame, Theis followed VanVleet I think towards corner but then handed him off to Tatum, but Theis lingered in no man's land for a second thinking he was protecting middle of floor against a lob, then only once the pass was thrown does Theis switch toward Gasol who Brown had to cover. Brown was also in the middle of Gasol's body vs hedging towards the rim and baseline, which enabled Gasol to slow Brown down just enough for OG to get the shot off. Great play call by Nurse.

Reaction Score
They went over it on Celtics postgame, Theis followed VanVleet I think towards corner but then handed him off to Tatum, but Theis lingered in no man's land for a second thinking he was protecting middle of floor against a lob, then only once the pass was thrown does Theis switch toward Gasol who Brown had to cover. Brown was also in the middle of Gasol's body vs hedging towards the rim and baseline, which enabled Gasol to slow Brown down just enough for OG to get the shot off. Great play call by Nurse.

Overall a lack of communication by the Celts. The Globe said they were in a zone which I don't understand and Smart was calling for Brown to cover the corner, but somewhere this fell apart as Brown was too late. IMO a man to man would have been a better call at that point. But give Toronto credit, great pass and adjustment by Toronto.

Reaction Score
I guess this take makes sense if your criteria starts with "has to be at least 7 feet tall", but with Durant still breathing even that's not really right. I don't think Embiid is barely top ten, if that, and AD is great but maybe top five at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom