OT: - KC Jones passes away at age 88 | The Boneyard

OT: KC Jones passes away at age 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KC was class. Watching him coach with all the cool in the world, I always felt everything was under control in any game. His players were hard-nosed sons of guns, and meanwhile KC would chill out. He was criticized back then as being kind of a cheerleader (which was weird because he didn't even cheer), but it was a style that was a key to that team. When you have people like DJ, Bird, Parish and Ainge on the court, I don't think a coach really needs to lay into them. McHale and Walton could be goofballs, and Cornbread was a little loopy, but seeing KC just take it all in with a smile on his face? He was iconic.

Reaction Score
KC all-time winner at every level of playing and coaching. Lived in West Hartford, coached the Blizzard in from 97-99 I believe and did radio for Hartford Hawks. RIP KC.

Reaction Score
I was fortunate enough to sit next to KC at Wintonbury Hills GC for some lunch at the bar after a round. He was a member there and he was more than willing to talk some hoops while we sat waiting for our orders. He had the utmost respect for Coach Calhoun and UConn, mentioned because of what I was wearing. Wonderful gentleman I will never forget those 10-15 minutes it was amazing talking local and old time hoops.

RIP KC Jones s true legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA