Katie Lou Will Not Participate in the Olympics [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Will Not Participate in the Olympics [merged thread]

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I wonder if there is any way she can trace or figure out how she contracted Covid.

Reaction Score
We were so looking forward to watching you play and the great synergy you create for the U.S. team! Now we look forward to you getting well quickly and completely!

All our best to you!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have had an awful feeling the last few days based on the steady drip, drip, drip of positive Covid cases from Olympic athletes: a Ugandan weightlifter, Bradley Beal, Coco Gauff, the South African soccer team, a Czech beach volleyball player, an alternate on the gymnastics team and now Lou. Toyota announced today that they are pulling all advertisements for the games based on the widespread opposition of the Japanese people to the games.

There is still a week to go until the opening ceremonies. Athletes are moving into the Olympic Village as we speak. I hate to be a Gloomy Gus, but this doesn’t feel like it will end well.

Reaction Score
A speedy return to good health for Katie Lou! Encourage
anyone you know to get vaccinated (who has procrastinated)!
Does Team USA 3X3 get a chance to put in a substitute???

Reaction Score
So the team was still in US. If this happened in Japan, could they have made the replacement?

She was placed on Covid Protocols on Saturday. During the Women's 5X5 game with Nigeria on Sunday the announcers discussed the fact that final rosters needed to be submitted by Sunday evening w.r.t the Oguimekes and Elizabeth Williams playing for Nigeria in the Olympics (see this article for more info Ogwumike sisters and Elizabeth Williams file last-ditch CAS appeal to save Olympic dreams ). So Sunday was also likely the deadline for 3 X 3.

I would think that USA basketball had a contingency plan in case something like this happened and Jackie Young was quickly slotted in to make the deadline.

I also thought that Kara Lawson sounded a little bit off while announcing the game. She might have been distracted with the KLS situation.

Reaction Score
Poor Lou... getting vaccinated and still gotten bit by Covid. Her message said she got sick with Covid-19. I wonder if Lou was actually sick with symptoms or they just discovered this through normal testing before going to Tokyo.

Reaction Score
I'm sitting here thinking I'm sure glad that the Polio vaccines in the 1950's were a lot more effective than these Covid-19 vaccines.

Reaction Score
I'm sitting here thinking I'm sure glad that the Polio vaccines in the 1950's were a lot more effective than these Covid-19 vaccines.
It's mainly because polio vaccines were used much more widely. Right now there's a lot of bad information out there and many people are hesitant to get vaccinated against covid-19. That puts everyone at risk, including the vaccinated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom