Katie Lou Samuelson | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Samuelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any current news about Katie Lou? Hopefully she is back on campus!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Not sure but I think the kids will be arriving this weekend...do classes start on Monday Aug. 31?

Reaction Score
8/23. Katie posted in FB....
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-Lou-Samuelson-33/729243340499899?fref=ts
11007733_876470515777180_790210303319850580_n.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She came to UConn's first summer semester with a good attitude:

"It's definitely an honor to get [national player of the year]," Samuelson said. "But that was high school. I know that that's over now. I just have to start fresh, start from the bottom. I'm a freshman and work my way up, so that's how I'm going to go in, and that's my mind-set."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...n-freshmen-geno-golf-0623-20150622-story.html

Should serve her well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Then there is this from her Matre Dei Coach:

"When Kaleena left here, I believe she was looking for a family to join. She yearned for the closeness she was missing [in high school]. Sometimes, things just weren't easy for Kaleena.

"But she got exactly what she was looking for at UConn. She happily embraced the culture. I think she needed it and I know she's enjoyed it.

"As for Katie Lou, she's not really searching for all that. She just wants to maximize her basketball ability against the best players in the country. She's a confident person who just wants to see how good she can be. She doesn't worry about what people think. She'a straightforward smart girl and she wants to see how good a player Coach Auriemma can make her."
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...en-insider-mater-dei-0220-20150219-story.html

Bodes well I think?? Maybe??? He he he. Confident, focused, grounded and bring it on. This new group should keep us happy and in chat fodder for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
She came to UConn's first summer semester with a good attitude:

"It's definitely an honor to get [national player of the year]," Samuelson said. "But that was high school. I know that that's over now. I just have to start fresh, start from the bottom. I'm a freshman and work my way up, so that's how I'm going to go in, and that's my mind-set."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...n-freshmen-geno-golf-0623-20150622-story.html

Should serve her well.

I just love Katie Lou's humility. And it's quite understandable. After all, she will soon be practicing and playing with THE best player in WCBB, with THE best point guard in WCBB, and with THE most versatile and underrated forward in all of WCBB. Not to mention the daily scrutiny from THE most demanding, relentlessly exacting coaches in WCBB. It's going to be challenging, and as Diana said: "It's (UConn WBB) not for everyone."

If Katie Lou (and Napheesa) have the mettle and the resolve that I believe they do, they can one day be among the Husky greats.

Reaction Score
I just love Katie Lou's humility. And it's quite understandable. After all, she will soon be practicing and playing with THE best player in WCBB, with THE best point guard in WCBB, and with THE most versatile and underrated forward in all of WCBB. Not to mention the daily scrutiny from THE most demanding, relentlessly exacting coaches in WCBB. It's going to be challenging, and as Diana said: "It's (UConn WBB) not for everyone."

If Katie Lou (and Napheesa) have the mettle and the resolve that I believe they do, they can one day be among the Husky greats.
I noticed you left out Boykins. What are the plans for her this season?

Reaction Score
I noticed you left out Boykins. What are the plans for her this season?
The caveat as always is barring injury, illness, or academics (I know, kind of silly for the Women's team) but I see Butler as the 5th starter. Chong likely at this point to be first off the bench at either point or #2, Gabby for now at the 3 or 4. Where Ekmark or the three frosh can carve out time will be a work in progress. Pulido & Lawler will mostly enjoy the best seats in the house. Reality is there are but 200 minutes available night in and night out. Even in AAC blowouts at least 100 will go to the first five. Then there are 6 scholarship players, how many for whom. If the effort is there from all 6 then GA, CD, SR, and MM have one tough job making that all work for time. Could be another transfer like Sadie. It will be interesting. BTW anyone see a schedule yet? Wondering when the team will be at UCF and/or USF. Worth the drive.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some people are going to think that is a typo. But the cognesente know different! Well done.

Ahem.

Excellent selection of a nifty Italian word - most suitable for Boneyard use, except for a little typo.

Cognoscente is the singular term for a connoisseur or expert. An "i" at the end makes it plural: cognoscenti [kon-ya-SHEN-te]. Example:

"Boneyarders comprise the cognoscenti of wcbb." (They think;).)​

Reaction Score

I appreciate that "the resolve" of Katie Lou and Napheea Collier have not been tested as Huskies--I think the U19 games that Napheesa Collier played this summer show she has what it takes to be a full fledged hard playing, excelling Husky. I have the same belief in KLS. Boykin is still in recovery, but not for long I hope. If all goes as expected you are looking at the beginning of great careers!!!!

Reaction Score
Ahem.

Excellent selection of a nifty Italian word - most suitable for Boneyard use, except for a little typo.

Cognoscente is the singular term for a connoisseur or expert. An "i" at the end makes it plural: cognoscenti [kon-ya-SHEN-te]. Example:

"Boneyarders comprise the cognoscenti of wcbb." (They think;).)​

Deer Meister Kibbutz- I geuss I mist the announsment when you waz dezignated the omnishint G-Know Oriamma Konetikit grammer perfesser-in-cheef, poit lawreate, lord of grammerly rulz, master of spellung, punctchuashun, sentince struckchure, werd yousage, compozishun and generill gud Inglish. Congradulashuns but us Bonyarderz iz all gud riters allredy and us [espeshally me/ reely dozen't kneed you xperteese. Dis forumm stuff iz supozed ta be fun, dood, it snot no skool.

As my frend Floid so eliquintley sanged, "We dont kneed yur edumakashun. We dont need yur thawts cuntrole.'

Frum yur loil and worshipfull fan, HR

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Deer Meister Kibbutz- I geuss I mist the announsment when you waz dezignated the omnishint G-Know Oriamma grammer- perfesser-in-cheef, lord of grammerly rulz, master of spellung, punctchuashun, sentince struckchure, werd yousage, compozishun and generill gud Inglish. Congradulashuns but us Bonyarderz iz all gud riters allredy and dozen't kneed you xperteese.

As my frend Floid so eliquintley sanged, "We dont kneed yur edumakashun. We dont need yur thawts role.'

Frum yur loil and worshipfull fan, HR

Is you all a Vol too?? Yourn scribin ist the onlyist I unner stan!!! Has you writ cursive yet? I thunk KIBITZER's thunkins war gooder thin sum

Reaction Score
I applaud Kib for his knowledge of Lingua Latina as well as his willingness to help his brethren out so they don't duplicate their egregious mistakes in front of that big bad world out there.

Reaction Score
The caveat as always is barring injury, illness, or academics (I know, kind of silly for the Women's team) but I see Butler as the 5th starter. Chong likely at this point to be first off the bench at either point or #2, Gabby for now at the 3 or 4. Where Ekmark or the three frosh can carve out time will be a work in progress. Pulido & Lawler will mostly enjoy the best seats in the house. Reality is there are but 200 minutes available night in and night out. Even in AAC blowouts at least 100 will go to the first five. Then there are 6 scholarship players, how many for whom. If the effort is there from all 6 then GA, CD, SR, and MM have one tough job making that all work for time. Could be another transfer like Sadie. It will be interesting. BTW anyone see a schedule yet? Wondering when the team will be at UCF and/or USF. Worth the drive.

I agree with most of what you say, and usually do, except for Gabby. If she comes back fully loaded with skills, her one year of experience may trump Colliers showing in the U19. Collier has the shooting, defense, rebounding, intelligence and size as we saw in the U19 to be awesome. How she performs in practices will be the difference maker. KLS and Collier have played a lot of higher level BB and they were the focus of defenders; remains to be seen. Courtney put in a lot of work and preparation prior to being a Husky and with Rehab I think she is a keeper and stayer!! I see Natalie, Gabby, Saniya, KLS, Courtney, Boykins, Collier getting a lot of the 100 minutes remainder. Puilido and Lawyler shall have lots of playing time---in the practice facility. If not for the Loyalty of Geno--well you know.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW anyone see a schedule yet? Wondering when the team will be at UCF and/or USF. Worth the drive.

UConn won't play at Central Florida this year. They also won't play Houston at home. All other Conf games are home/road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom