Kara's Wooden Committee Theory | The Boneyard

Kara's Wooden Committee Theory

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last night in the post-game half hour Kara suggested that we owe thanks to the Wooden Committee for dropping Pheez from the list; that it was immediately thereafter that Pheeza kicked it up a gear. Do the stats support that?

Pheez, as her team mates call her, is, I'm thinking, one of those still waters run deep kind of people. Doesn't talk nearly enough to suit Geno, but she listens real good I'm figuring. And sometimes when she is in a post-game interview and a reporter is blithering away with his "question" the angel mask slips a bit and the corners of her mouth draw down just a bit and her eyes say something un-nice. Then the veil goes back in place.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have to imagine the players are aware of stuff like that. Even tho they don't tweet or do social media during the season, we all know they were well aware of the streak etc, which to me means they likely are up on current events in WCBB. I want to say she doesn't care one iota what the Wooden Committee thinks about her, but she's human, and I bet if she knew, she was super pleased with her performance for many reasons, including letting the committee know what she thought about their omission.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Gabby is the one who should be ticked off. And I think she might be. Whether her motivation stems from the Wooden snub or not, no one except Gabby can say with certainty. But there is clearly a smoldering rage in her game. She is amazing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby is the one who should be ticked off. And I think she might be. Whether her motivation stems from the Wooden snub or not, no one except Gabby can say with certainty. But there is clearly a smoldering rage in her game. She is amazing.

I do love Gabby's game and agree with Bilas about who she is in the American college game sans gender; I suspect she gets punished for the occasional game when she, by stats, is ordinary. Was she ordinary in that game, hell no. But we are a stats driven bunch of superficial sports followers. Frankly, most of these peripheral awards, yes peripheral, are just noise. Beyond AA and the NCAA Championship the rest of it is just noise from those looking to get a slice.

Reaction Score
Phessa has been accurately dubbed "the most complete player" in WCBB. Gabby is the finest all-around athlete in the game. Those two should be everyone's AA's. I wonder how many teams wouldn't opt for either of those over their best player.
As for "sans gender," my immediate reaction was that's impossible, but, of course, we know it no longer is.

Reaction Score
Last night in the post-game half hour Kara suggested that we owe thanks to the Wooden Committee for dropping Pheez from the list; that it was immediately thereafter that Pheeza kicked it up a gear. Do the stats support that?

Pheez, as her team mates call her, is, I'm thinking, one of those still waters run deep kind of people. Doesn't talk nearly enough to suit Geno, but she listens real good I'm figuring. And sometimes when she is in a post-game interview and a reporter is blithering away with his "question" the angel mask slips a bit and the corners of her mouth draw down just a bit and her eyes say something un-nice. Then the veil goes back in place.
Quick question Broadway...in an interview with a teammate Collier was referred to as Phee...do you know if she has a nick-name that is consistently used ?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm losing track of where things come from when they come from all directions when you are UConn at 102 or 103. Like I said, losing track. But Geno said, and I suspect it is in an HBO promo, when you come to UConn you must e a pretty tough kid, because the weight of it all is about to descend on you. These sophs and juniors have had the luxury of growing in to it, but they have also had the most impactful class go before them. I am amazed at where we are right now. Stupified really. I suspect the Draconian Geno has a lot to do with them treating every game like another day at the office. But, I also suspect that an equal if not bigger motivator is: we are not going to be the ones who faltered in upholding the UConn tradition. Tough kids to accept the challenge. Tough kids to grow. Tough kids to be doing it. Don't mention it ... bad mojo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Phessa :the most complete player
Gabby : the finest all-around athlete player
Katie Lou: the most elegant player
Most elegant? How about best shooter?

Reaction Score
Last night in the post-game half hour Kara suggested that we owe thanks to the Wooden Committee for dropping Pheez from the list; that it was immediately thereafter that Pheeza kicked it up a gear.

Here's a question I've had-- but one for which I haven't found an answer: must the eventual winner come from the culled list or can a dark horse emerge at the end?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I'm losing track of where things come from when they come from all directions when you are UConn at 102 or 103. Like I said, losing track. But Geno said, and I suspect it is in an HBO promo, when you come to UConn you must e a pretty tough kid, because the weight of it all is about to descend on you. These sophs and juniors have had the luxury of growing in to it, but they have also had the most impactful class go before them. I am amazed at where we are right now. Stupified really. I suspect the Draconian Geno has a lot to do with them treating every game like another day at the office. But, I also suspect that an equal if not bigger motivator is: we are not going to be the ones who faltered in upholding the UConn tradition. Tough kids to accept the challenge. Tough kids to grow. Tough kids to be doing it. Don't mention it ... bad mojo.

BoneYard needs more tough posters who do not falter after one sub par performance.

Reaction Score
Here's a question I've had-- but one for which I haven't found an answer: must the eventual winner come from the culled list or can a dark horse emerge at the end?

I believe there is a late season Top 15 that is released and players not on the Midseason list can get back onto the Late Season list and the winner will come from that list.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Here's another theory...

They're probably going to win the National Championship (again).
Let's give someone else a chance...Plum or whomever
Their stars aren't even seniors...
Jeez, those guys weren't supposed to be so good this year.

Reaction Score
I believe there is a late season Top 15 that is released and players not on the Midseason list can get back onto the Late Season list and the winner will come from that list.

Thanks

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be something of an anti-climax; back to kicking everyone's ass by 40 points or so (not just "almost everyone's ass, like this year!). Those among us who really like the adrenaline rush of close, exciting games had better revel in it this year, because next year we will be untouchable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom