Kara - Stanford has Best Shot at Beating UConn | The Boneyard

Kara - Stanford has Best Shot at Beating UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's all well and good Kara but I don't think Stewart and Ogwumike are going to be guarding each other.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That's all well and good Kara but I don't think Stewart and Ogwumike are going to be guarding each other.
Stewart won't guard Ogwumike. But Oqwumike would probably guard Stewart with Ruef guarding Dolson.

Reaction Score
Stewart won't guard Ogwumike. But Oqwumike would probably guard Stewart with Ruef guarding Dolson.
If that's the case I would have Stewart live on the 3 pt arc and draw Ogwumike out to guard her and iso Dolson 1 on 1 with Ruef down low.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Chiney may guard Stewie (and Ruef on Dolson), but Stewie will likely guard Ruef and Dolson will be on Chiney from UCONN's end. At least that's what I think will likely happen at the start of the game. It should be a good chess match between Geno and Tara, though. Tara has a great hoops mind and does a lot with in-game changes and reactions to what's happening on the court...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Chiney may guard Stewie (and Ruef on Dolson), but Stewie will likely guard Ruef and Dolson will be on Chiney from UCONN's end. At least that's what I think will likely happen at the start of the game. It should be a good chess match between Geno and Tara, though. Tara has a great hoops mind and does a lot with in-game changes and reactions to what's happening on the court...
I just said that....lol.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If that's the case I would have Stewart live on the 3 pt arc and draw Ogwumike out to guard her and iso Dolson 1 on 1 with Ruef down low.
Just took a look at the earlier game. Ogwumike was guarding Dolson, Johnson guarded Stewart and Ruef played a one person zone in the paint. They totally left Jefferson alone on the perimeter.

Johnson is not part of the rotation anymore and I'm pretty certain they won't be able to do that defense with how much better Jefferson is.

So, how do they defend Uconn this time?

Jefferson - Thompson
Hartley - Orrange
Dolson -
KML -
Stewart -

The other 3 main players are Ogwumike, Ruef and either Samuelson or Greenfield. So how will Tara play her defense?

It's not an easy call. Play Ogwumike on Stewart and Stewart takes her away from the basket. Play Ruef on Stewart and Stewart can do was she wants inside and outside.

Tara can't play Samuelson or Greenwell on anyone but KML.

She has options, but none are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom