Kadary Richmond to transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond to transfer portal

Reaction Score
Good player, game doesn't really fit out playstyle. Our non-shooter wings are ballmovers and connectors. Kadary is not that guy. Slick Rick will make the most out of him, I'm sure.
He's really good but the way he plays on offense reminds me of how guys played offense in the NBA in the early 2000's and I hated that era.

Reaction Score
Good player, game doesn't really fit out playstyle. Our non-shooter wings are ballmovers and connectors. Kadary is not that guy. Slick Rick will make the most out of him, I'm sure.
Also, like auror said, Kadary really doesn't move without the ball all that much. Just watch any Seton Hall game and you or anyone else will see that. It's not to say Seton Hall didn't have intricate plays, they did, but a lot of times Richmond would break the play and try to create in iso. That's why whenever Fox went into the Seton Hall's huddle you would hear Holloway criticize his players when they were standing around and watching someone else, usually Richmond, go iso.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These things are not the same. It's a heck of a lot easier to tweak a guy's game than it is to change his drive and motor (on the court and off). Hurley's messaging this offseason has been pretty clear. Don't bring the wrong people or parents into the organization. You don't want a guy that misses 3 key games in the middle of a conference title race mysteriously as a senior. Neither the rumors (relating to NIL $) nor the official story would make him the right fit for our program.

The official story from the coach is that Kadary is not telling the coach or trainer what his injury is... after the 2nd game he missed? Just contrast this with what Cam did for us last year. You only have so many roster spots. There are a lot of talented guys out there. We don't need to risk the culture for a moderately more talented player than alternatives.

To be fair that period where he missed games was after the triple overtime loss to Creighton. Shaheen was irresponsible with how he played Richmond that game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Also, like auror said, Kadary really doesn't move without the ball all that much. Just watch any Seton Hall game and you or anyone else will see that. It's not to say Seton Hall didn't have intricate plays, they did, but a lot of times Richmond would break the play and try to create in iso. That's why whenever Fox went into the Seton Hall's huddle you would hear Holloway criticize his players when they were standing around and watching someone else, usually Richmond, go iso.

Richmond is a good player, nothing more.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I think he can do well as a ball-dominant creator if you stack shooters around him. Has to be the right roster makeup for that to be a really good team. At a minimum I think he’s good enough to carry them to pretty good.

Reaction Score
Richmond is a good player, nothing more.
Richmond is a great player and a UConn killer, maybe not in the games away from Seton Hall's homecourt but definitely the last 3 games at Seton Hall, and I wouldn't have minded seeing him win BEPOY. His style just doesn't fit with UConn's. Could Hurley and the coaching staff make it fit? Perhaps, but like WhereisthDove said in the post above, he needs to have good shooters around him and a 5 that can finish off off offensive rebounds, and he would have to keep the ball moving. We know he has good floor vision and passing. The pluses he would contribute that the 24-25 UConn roster looks deficient in at the moment is size at the guard spot, good defense (led BE in steals), and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Kadary has a dominant strength taking smaller guards to the rim, and he isn't a knock down deep shooter, but its a weak theory that he can't distribute or play in a system that doesn't feature him that way. When I watched him a number of times at Brewster, (including the game I spotted Karaban), he was working the ball to Matt Cross and the late Terrance Clarke for 3's penetrating and dishing. He was also a warrior on the boards and a tough defender. Consider the possibility that in college he is playing the way his coaches want him to play, rather than how he could play and fit in a system. Despite defending him as a player, I don't think he is a 2024-25 fit for our roster, primarily because it seems like this is a 'ME' move focusing on an NIL payday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom