2022 Recruiting: - Justice Williams Offered | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Justice Williams Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Polley is gonna be finishing is rehab in November, there's no way he redshirts next year
I am well aware that’s the plan. It takes many players 2 years to recover from ACL and play anywhere near peak performance.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@husky429 is absolutely correct. With the new graduate transfer rules it makes sense to get your degree is 3 years and have your options open. If DH were to suggest to a senior to be that minutes might be scarce next season and that player had already graduated he could transfer and play immediately. These guys are on campus 11 months a year so graduating in 3 years is not as insurmountable as people may think.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
@husky429 is absolutely correct. With the new graduate transfer rules it makes sense to get your degree is 3 years and have your options open. If DH were to suggest to a senior to be that minutes might be scarce next season and that player had already graduated he could transfer and play immediately. These guys are on campus 11 months a year so graduating in 3 years is not as insurmountable as people may think.
Yes, impressive.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Tbh not really. These guys are on campus for every session all year. Getting the 124 credits for any normal degree or something is a piece of cake. If they go the science route, the labs can male it tougher--one of the reasons Emeka was so abnormal. Especially considering the amount of academic support they get.

Didn't Emeka major in finance?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Tbh not really. These guys are on campus for every session all year. Getting the 124 credits for any normal degree or something is a piece of cake. If they go the science route, the labs can male it tougher--one of the reasons Emeka was so abnormal. Especially considering the amount of academic support they get.
Emeka didn't major in science but even so managing through the completion of a degree (BAdams is majoring in Economics) while competing in an NCAA Div 1 sport is very impressive. I had a chance to bring in an intern from the NC State golf team. He was majoring in Environmental Engineering and carrying a 3.8 GPA. Needless to say he was much sought after just on hos managerial skills alone. Speaking of academic support who took over for Ted Taigen?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sid & RJ theoretically will have graduated too

I think it's safe to say that 2021 is pretty wide open. Any of the guys expected to run out of eligibility then could either be back, or not, next season. Plus Adams, Sid and Cole will have grad transfer eligibility (assuming Adams completes his degree). So we don't really know what the 2021 landscape is going to look like. This spring and off-season could be quite interesting.

People talk about Polley redshirting next year, but a redshirt still burns a scholarship. I don't think Hurley wants Polley to consume two more years of scholarships. I know I don't. I'd be surprised if we have a spot for him on the 2021-22 roster.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that 2021 is pretty wide open. Any of the guys expected to run out of eligibility then could either be back, or not, next season. Plus Adams, Sid and Cole will have grad transfer eligibility (assuming Adams completes his degree). So we don't really know what the 2021 landscape is going to look like. This spring and off-season could be quite interesting.

People talk about Polley redshirting next year, but a redshirt still burns a scholarship. I don't think Hurley wants Polley to consume two more years of scholarships. I know I don't. I'd be surprised if we have a spot for him on the 2021-22 roster.
Tyler is still only 20 right. If he has to sit next year I think Danny would be happy to have him for the 2021-2022 season. Another year with Sal and he'll be a 215 lb power forward who can shoot it from 3 and put it on the floor a little.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tyler is still only 20 right. If he has to sit next year I think Danny would be happy to have him for the 2021-2022 season. Another year with Sal and he'll be a 215 lb power forward who can shoot it from 3 and put it on the floor a little.

He's not a power forward anymore. He's behind Akok, Sid and Springs at that spot. He's a poor rebounder and isn't a good ball handler for a wing. He's a 3 and D guy. He's a useful player off the bench, but I don't think we would have any interest in burning two years of scholarships for one year of Tyler Polley. If he plays next year, great. If not I don't think he'll be here.

Reaction Score
He's not a power forward anymore. He's behind Akok, Sid and Springs at that spot. He's a poor rebounder and isn't a good ball handler for a wing. He's a 3 and D guy. He's a useful player off the bench, but I don't think we would have any interest in burning two years of scholarships for one year of Tyler Polley. If he plays next year, great. If not I don't think he'll be here.
Your opinion. We might not know if he's ready until the fall. At that point if he does redshirt that scholly is done. My opinion is one year of stronger more mature Polley is worth it.

C

Chief00

I don’t know the details but there may or may not be ways to play things with a medical waiver (AKA Diarra). Stay on scholarship but don’t count against the team scholarships. But, Diarra’s injury was chronic and viewed as a permanent condition while Polley’s may not match those criteria? I don’t know if you can play again after a medical waiver?

I hope Chief is wrong, but if you think Polley plays tentative before the injury, imagine how he will play after his rehab ends in November? The timetable for full recovery in the 2020/2021 season is beyond challenging. I hate rushing guys back and getting reinjured. The NCAA rules and interpretation need to be interpreted more in favor of the player’s best interest.

Reaction Score

i'd really like to think so. but similar to gilbert being better than anyone else we could realistically land in 2020 (aside from cliff), there's a good chance a 5th year polley would be better than any 3rd signing we land in 2021 (after filling carlton's and whaley's spots). hurley seems to be casting a very small net of highly sought after guys for 2021...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
i'd really like to think so. but similar to gilbert being better than anyone else we could realistically land in 2020 (aside from cliff), there's a good chance a 5th year polley would be better than any 3rd signing we land in 2021 (after filling carlton's and whaley's spots). hurley seems to be casting a very small net of highly sought after guys for 2021...

Maybe, but I doubt it. Jackson would also be a sophomore by then, Sid a senior, Bouknight a Junior. I also don’t think Hurley wants to play down a scholarship player again next year. And is we somehow get Seth Towns that spot becomes very crowded. He will probably play next year anyway.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Cliff coming or not coming to Storrs has anything to do with Josh being here. Everyone tries to give a recruit the impression they will play a lot without actually making promises unless you are let’s say Illinois.
Disagree here, think Josh being here or not will affect Cliff's decision more than we think.

Also just glancing at the 2021 class on recruiting websites it seems like there are a lot less Northeast guys compared to other years. We may have to recruit outside our typical region to get talent in this class.

C

Chief00

Disagree here, think Josh being here or not will affect Cliff's decision more than we think.

Also just glancing at the 2021 class on recruiting websites it seems like there are a lot less Northeast guys compared to other years. We may have to recruit outside our typical region to get talent in this class.
Well, we will probably never know for sure - but given our current situation Hurley should resign if he’s withholding minutes from our top target. It makes no sense to do that. The future, is the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom