2022 Recruiting: - Justice Williams Offered | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Justice Williams Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
still feel like ive heard more about 2022 than 2021

This is true. The only 2021 target I remember hearing about consistently is Mac Etienne. I know I’m forgetting players. Who are some of the others?

Reaction Score
Just off the top of my head - we won’t have a lot of open scholarships in 2021.

Carlton, Polley, and Whaley graduate in 2021. And if Gilbert returns, that will be a fourth open scholarship after next year. There’s even the outside possibility that Akok or Bouknight could leave. Even if any of those players leave the program after this year (there’s not much reason to believe anyone will), that leaves at least three spots.

Reaction Score

Can you elaborate? Polley, Whaley, Carleton, and Gilbert (if he stays). Seems like we will have 3 if not 4 open.

Reaction Score
Carlton, Polley, and Whaley graduate in 2021. And if Gilbert returns, that will be a fourth open scholarship after next year. There’s even the outside possibility that Akok or Bouknight could leave. Even if any of those players leave the program after this year (there’s not much reason to believe anyone will), that leaves at least three spots.
Sid & RJ theoretically will have graduated too

Reaction Score
Sid & RJ theoretically will have graduated too

True. While I think they’d both play here in 2021-2022, they’ll have to option to go elsewhere after likely graduating. I wasn’t even thinking about them.

Reaction Score
Heard the announcers mention B Adams is trying to complete his degree in 3-years as well. Impressive.

Tbh not really. These guys are on campus for every session all year. Getting the 124 credits for any normal degree or something is a piece of cake. If they go the science route, the labs can male it tougher--one of the reasons Emeka was so abnormal. Especially considering the amount of academic support they get.

C

Chief00

Can you elaborate? Polley, Whaley, Carleton, and Gilbert (if he stays). Seems like we will have 3 if not 4 open.
I can’t discuss specific transfer situations. But you are assuming Gilbert stays, Polley recovers quickly (doesn’t red shirt) and no one transfers this year. These things may or may not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Tbh not really. These guys are on campus for every session all year. Getting the 124 credits for any normal degree or something is a piece of cake. If they go the science route, the labs can male it tougher--one of the reasons Emeka was so abnormal. Especially considering the amount of academic support they get.
Head bang

Reaction Score
Justice Williams dropped 30, Rahsool Diggins scores 30 as well in 94-93 victory over Roman Catholic. Huskies should offer Justice’s teammate and top 10 2021 big Jalen Duren, he scored 33 pts and grabbed 21 rebounds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

do they take winter session classes during break? Are those even a thing at uconn?

Reaction Score
Winter session classes are available at UConn. My son just took one online over the break. Not sure if the hoops players do or not

Reaction Score

yeah so I'm hoping:
1) gibert leaves after this season and cliff takes his spot
2) polley redshirts next season and comes back stronger in 2021
3) akok and bouk come back for their junior years

that would mean only 2 open schollys for 2021

Reaction Score
Winter session classes are available at UConn. My son just took one online over the break. Not sure if the hoops players do or not
Definitely. Our “eligibility” major is very intensive lol

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
yeah so I'm hoping:

Akok and Bouk playing like they did yesterday they will be here for 4 years
If AG wants to stay - DH will accept that - that I know for certain
Cliff isn't coming to Storrs with JC still here and JC isn't going anywhere - Pork Chop is another story

Reaction Score
yeah so I'm hoping:

Polley is gonna be finishing is rehab in November, there's no way he redshirts next year

Reaction Score
yeah so I'm hoping:

I really wonder about Polley. They said 6-8 months, right? He could miss a year and not feel rushed. But if his rehab goes well and we’re good next year, we’ll want his shooting, even if we have to ease him back slowly.

C

Chief00

Akok and Bouk playing like they did yesterday they will be here for 4 years
If AG wants to stay - DH will accept that - that I know for certain
Cliff isn't coming to Storrs with JC still here and JC isn't going anywhere - Pork Chop is another story
I agree with your AG point but how Akok and Bouknight played yesterday will not play a factor a couple years from now. I see them as maybe leaving after their junior year, if they develop. But, it’s all a guess.
I don’t think Cliff coming or not coming to Storrs has anything to do with Josh being here. Everyone tries to give a recruit the impression they will play a lot without actually making promises unless you are let’s say Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom