Just some thoughts on where we're at | The Boneyard

Just some thoughts on where we're at

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Last season at this time UConn played ruffly 20 games. This season we've played 10. I gotta believe this has something to do where we are as a team and our progress. Also we're a very young team and lack experience and we havent played enough games to establish anything, and with just 10 games in at this point is the reason, which hasnt helped. I guess we need to look at where we are in a couple of weeks. This was a funny week for WCBB. Many of the top teams struggled against non top 25 teams. LVille NC State Baylor Stanford and SC. UConn had its hands full under a very tuff environment at Tenn and pulled it out. Tenn was a top 25 team and is really beginning to look much improved. NC State won a tight game with their number 1 scorer Culane not playing. How do you put that in perspective? It aint easy. At this point in the season its difficult to come to any conclusions.

We are seeing some of our players coming into their own and growing into Genos system. We see others not acclimating at the same rate. Dont worry as I said we've only played 10 games. I would think in a couple of weeks we will be much better and a stronger team. We've got the talent. Its kinda like planting seeds. Some grow fast some grow at a slower pace and some dont grow at all. Over the next few weeks we will get a better idea of where we are.

Some fans say after a loss "but only if" we did this or we did that. I dont like that phase even though I tend to use it. Once we get the next 10 games under our belt we should be at a point where we know who we can count on. We should be experienced enough as a team to not have to use that phase...much. Looking forward we've got some very competitive games coming up. The biggest will be SC. We should win all them all. However if we dont understand we're not there yet. Even though we're almost into February we only have played 10 games which in a normal season would have us in December so we're about a month or so behind schedule, as far as our development. Be patient. Dont pick on the girls because our game is up and down right now. The important thing is we growth and develop into the team we all see. It will come around over the next few weeks and if all holds true by sometime towards the end of February we should be looking like the team we all expected to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom