June recruiting thread | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Saw that last night on YouTube and it really excites me. She seems to be a similar player as Ice, but a bruiser down low as she has shown would be an asset for any team now-a-days. I think she should be our #1 priority, and Kate Kovel should be not far behind. We need one of these players, but if they both want to come, I'm sure Geno would make room.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The debate is on, Strong, Kovel or someone else perhaps a dark horse. Time to step up. Who is your number one priority, who do want more than any other big to wear the UCONN colors?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I'd say umm Strong.
On second thought..Kovel.
Nope nope..it's Strong!
No wait...no it's Kovel for sure
But Sarah looks so strong
But Kovel looks lean, long and athletic, decisions decisions..
I'll say.........STRONG final answer. For sure! I guess.

Reaction Score
I'd say umm Strong.
On second thought..Kovel.
Nope nope..it's Strong!
No wait...no it's Kovel for sure
But Sarah looks so strong
But Kovel looks lean, long and athletic, decisions decisions..
I'll say.........STRONG final answer. For sure! I guess.
Strong and Koval are different type of post players IMO

And the obvious, Strong is 6'2/ 6'3 (physically more imposing) and Koval is 6'5 (much more long and lengthy)

Reaction Score
One of the last two cut was Joyce Edwards.

That makes these the UConn POI on the U16 team:

Dee Alexander
Jacy Abii
Kelsi Andrews
Addison Bjorn
Jayla Jackson
Trinity Jones
Jerzey Robinson

Likely POI Woliczko as well.
The last two cuts were Oliviah Edwards and Maddyn Greenway. Oliviah Edwards was a unanimous choice, having been selected by Shane Laflin and Jason Key in their top 12, and Mike Flynn placing her among the top 4 players in the draft.
Shane Laflin vs Jason Key - Team USA U16 Roster 2023.png
Mike Flynn - Top for players.png

Reaction Score

Dee Alexander
Jacy Abii
Kelsi Andrews
Addison Bjorn
Jayla Jackson
Trinity Jones
Jerzey Robinson

Have the U16 team members listen to Dorka's Post Game conference after
the Lynx win this weekend over the MYSTICS. Not to member Sheryl
Reeves' ++ comments about Dorka. Good recruiting stuff, as mentioned
by other Boneyarders. See Thead about Dorka.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Dee Alexander
Jacy Abii
Kelsi Andrews
Addison Bjorn
Jayla Jackson
Trinity Jones
Jerzey Robinson

Bring forth the youth and let them journey to the promised land ... Storrs, CT. Peace will fall upon the land and Geno will look out over the land and say: "This is good, real good!"

Reaction Score
Strong and Koval are different type of post players IMO

And the obvious, Strong is 6'2/ 6'3 (physically more imposing) and Koval is 6'5 (much more long and lengthy)
Exactly, one is a 4 and the other is a 5. The choice is more Strong vs. Carlton, and Koval vs. Tac. The only way it should be considered either or between Strong and Koval should be if those players view it that way, or because of the limited roster spots.

It is hard for me to imagine getting more than 4 recruits for 2024 given how many players we have now, and the uncertainty regarding how many players return for a potential 5th year. I suspect we hope to get two bigs, Strong and Koval and if we do, we probably don't have room for another guard like Berry or Heckel, but if we strike out on the bigs we might add one of those and look to the portal next year for a big or the 2025 class.

Reaction Score
It is hard for me to imagine getting more than 4 recruits for 2024 given how many players we have now, and the uncertainty regarding how many players return for a potential 5th year.
Even 3 seems like a lot given the uncertainties.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder this thread is for UConn recruiting only. Please start a separate thread for other topics

Reaction Score
Exactly, one is a 4 and the other is a 5. The choice is more Strong vs. Carlton, and Koval vs. Tac. The only way it should be considered either or between Strong and Koval should be if those players view it that way, or because of the limited roster spots.

It is hard for me to imagine getting more than 4 recruits for 2024 given how many players we have now, and the uncertainty regarding how many players return for a potential 5th year. I suspect we hope to get two bigs, Strong and Koval and if we do, we probably don't have room for another guard like Berry or Heckel, but if we strike out on the bigs we might add one of those and look to the portal next year for a big or the 2025 class.

I think that 5th year players taking their COVID year are not counted against the 15 scholarship limit. I think SCar had a 16 player roster last season. This years seniors are the last class of the COVID era.

Reaction Score
I think that 5th year players taking their COVID year are not counted against the 15 scholarship limit. I think SCar had a 16 player roster last season. This years seniors are the last class of the COVID era.

There was an exception one year. May have been last year or the year before but it counts now

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

HoopGurlz rankings have been updated to Top 100.

Allie Ziebell moves up to 4 and Morgan Cheli moves up to 15

They've moved Joyce Edwards to #1, Sarah Strong to #2, and Jaloni Cambridge down to 3rd.

For '25, Brynn McGaughey and Emilee Skinner debut at 15 and 21.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ESPN's update includes a first 2026 ranking with Jerzey Robinson #1 and Olivia Vuskosa #2.

UCONN POI at 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 ,9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 19, 20, 23, 25

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The battle for No. 1 is looking like it is going to come down to Edwards, who resides in South Carolina, and Sarah Strong of North Carolina. Strong has every opportunity to compete for that consideration as her team embarks on a challenging summer schedule and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom