June recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two years ago, Qadence Samuels with the very aggressive defense, steal, and game-winning layup.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance we get one more player for the class of 2023? Is so, who might have interest.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
We are all shooting in the dark, as evidenced by the terrific but unexpected commitment by Qadence Samuels.

Having said that, Thomas` name has come up and there are obvious connections with the UConn program through Azzi.

I would not be surprised to see her added but I would also not be surprised if Geno stops here and focuses in on the class of 2024.

If Griffin is included, we already have 12 projected to be on the roster for 2023-2024 and decent depth at every position. If holes develop, the portal is an option.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance we get one more player for the class of 2023? Is so, who might have interest.
I think there are probably 2 front court players yet but I don't know who....

Reaction Score
What are the chances? Aren't we long-shots on all, or most, of them?
How many of them have we offered. If not offered then yes we are long-shots lol.

Reaction Score
Just watched two SJC hs v MacNamara hs games and they were very revealing. Qadence looks good in both — rebounding and shooting. Delaney Thomas is clearly the rock for SJC though, a quiet calm presence on the boards and passing, and a confident shooter. She’s big, 6’3” and solid. Looks like Aaliyah but perhaps more of a leader at that age.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just watched two SJC hs v MacNamara hs games and they were very revealing. Qadence looks good in both — rebounding and shooting. Delaney Thomas is clearly the rock for SJC though, a quiet calm presence on the boards and passing, and a confident shooter. She’s big, 6’3” and solid. Looks like Aaliyah but perhaps more of a leader at that age.

Bishop McNamara Girls Vs St. John’s

Reaction Score
Here’s another way of putting it. Delaney Thomas is the kind of kid other kids bounce off. Qadence would bounce off her. Qadence is like a low-profile, lanky version of Caroline Ducharme. Her teammates seem to forget about her, until they need her to sink a couple 3s in a row. She’s sneaky quick on the boards and can run the court. Delaney is the center of everything SJC does. Offense and defense seem to run through her. Nothing under the radar about this kid. We want her.

Reaction Score
Any “Dawg” in Delaney?

Reaction Score
Here’s another way of putting it. Delaney Thomas is the kind of kid other kids bounce off. Qadence would bounce off her. Qadence is like a low-profile, lanky version of Caroline Ducharme. Her teammates seem to forget about her, until they need her to sink a couple 3s in a row. She’s sneaky quick on the boards and can run the court. Delaney is the center of everything SJC does. Offense and defense seem to run through her. Nothing under the radar about this kid. We want her.
Do you know if we offered her?

Reaction Score
I think at this point Booker is a long shot unfortunately........
I suspect that is probably true because of the Qadence signing. Of the top level players pursued Booker would appear to have the most overlap. When she signed I thought it probably meant the odds of higher ranked more similar players had faded, and it was better to get plan B or C at that position than hold out for your first choice, and then wind up with nobody that could make a difference at that position.

It is also possible they saw enough upside in Qadence, that they may have her rated as high as Booker who I remember slipping into the teens in one recent ratings. They may be going in opposite directions on the ratings trends.

Regardless, I would be surprised at this point if we recruited another 2023 guard or wing at this point. We have a PG in KK, a shooting guard in Ashlyn, and someone who could probably play SF in Qadence. There are plenty of good players still out there, but among the names frequently mentioned not many that at this point would be a major addition. Prosper or Thomas might be good 6-2 players, but we have lots of talented quantity in the PF type player, and Del Rosario is the only true C type left that could make a difference.

We could be done for this year if we don't get one of those. The odds are pretty good that the transfer portal next year would be a better bet if we were looking to fill a C need, than the remaining 2023 options.

Reaction Score
Any “Dawg” in Delaney?
Looks like it to me. This is what I see in those videos. For comparison, the guards at McNamara seem to forget about Qadence, get lost in their dribbling, throw wild passes, lots of near turnovers. Until Qadence bails them out. By contrast, everyone on SJC seems focused on where Delaney is at all times. She’s one of those kids the rest of the team relies on. We’ve had kids like that before.

Reaction Score

That’s Delaney holding Stewie on Azzi move in date. I think Delaney is a lock if UConn wants her. But what do I know. That other girl did me dirty. Lol

Yeah lets not start the Lock talk we have had a few disappointments here lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69