Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cunningham to AZ a disappointment for Oregon. But it occured to me that the pledge of Sarah Rambus earlier this month was an indication that Graves saw it coming.

Reaction Score
Cunningham and Nnaji will make a nice pair. If she had chosen UCLA, the Bruins would have been loading up.
Did she state she chose her school with her 4th option being NIL opportunities ? The day of doom has begun

Reaction Score
Canada's U17 Camp roster is out. Looks like they are running back the U16 team. Prosper, Fournier and Gibb are the highest ranked recruits. Sta Maria recently committed to Fresno State. Does anyone have info on the team's recruiting?

Canada Basketball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Canada's U17 Camp roster is out. Looks like they are running back the U16 team. Prosper, Fournier and Gibb are the highest ranked recruits. Sta Maria recently committed to Fresno State. Does anyone have info on the team's recruiting?

Canada Basketball

I know Bree Robison recently committed to Michigan State. Bostock committed to Maryland last year.

Badaiko has an offer from Ohio State. I'm sure she has others but her program has only promoted this on social media. I know Iowa State has/had(?) interest in Fournier.

No clues about the others. I'd keep an eye on Prawl for this event if she makes the squad. She's a 2024 I believe and a lot of fun to watch.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Tucson is not that far away from her home in San Diego
I found this interesting. I wondered about her saying, "Tucson, I'm coming home!" She was actually born here and her mom is an Arizona alum.

As for NIL, I found it interesting that it was important to her but she chose Arizona over the others. It's not new for NIL to be a thing. When Endiya Rogers narrowed it down to Arizona or Oregon last year, she said NIL was one reason she chose the Ducks.

Reaction Score

Olivia McGhee (#42 in 2023) committed to Virginia

#42 ranked on ESPN! Coach Mox has done more for UVA women’s basketball in 4 months than Thompson did in 4 years! Particularly important that she got a top ranked VA girl, to go along with Brunelle - another VA native.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This seems super early for a 2025 recruit to announce a verbal commitment to Stanford. I thought (in most sports) that Stanford first had to approve admission/acceptance before such a commitment announcement.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
#42 ranked on ESPN! Coach Mox has done more for UVA women’s basketball in 4 months than Thompson did in 4 years! Particularly important that she got a top ranked VA girl, to go along with Brunelle - another VA native.
It's amazing what a change at the top can do. Some folks are better at being assistants or media color analysts than head coaches. That's just the way it is. Virginia will be a much better program now that Thompson is gone. She was leading that program nowhere. I hope Mir McLean will benefit from the coaching change. She took a leap of faith chance to leave UConn mid-season and transfer to Virginia. Luck was on her side when she was allowed to play right away. Rooting for coach Mox and the Cavaliers.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tell her to slow down a bit... signed a concerned Duke fan
Triad, speaking of Duke, what are your realistic expectations for the Blue Devils this year. I like Kara and have been pulling for her since day one. You guys have an incoming freshman that I'm following, Ashlon Jackson that I think is going to have a better than average career at Duke. She's a well spoken leader that will age and mature gracefully under Kara. I can this being HER TEAM her senior year.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
True but the weather will make it seem worlds away!
Temps during the school year are quite nice in Tucson. Once you hit summer though, it's a different story

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Cunningham and Nnaji will make a nice pair. If she had chosen UCLA, the Bruins would have been loading up.

Cunningham and Ice Brady were rivals in HS in San Diego area, and Nnaji/Bueckers were teammates in Minnesota. The pairs split up but each has one headed to Tucson and one at Storrs.

Had Cunningham picked Oregon she would've reunited with Pao Pao who was her HS teammate. The one season they overlapped they were ranked #1 in the country by Maxpreps.

Had Cunningham picked UCLA, she would've paired with her current HS teammate Jada Williams who is committed there. Another HS teammate, Tajianna Avant-Roberts, recently visited UCLA too. Lots of talented players on La Jolla Country Day, who also produced Kelsey Plum and Candice Wiggins.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I wonder what Breya Cunningham is thinking now that the PAC 12 schools in her southern California area are heading to the B1G conference for the 2024-25 season. Hopefully, her decision to choose Arizona wasn't too dependent on UofA playing a lot of annual conference games in southern California, and the state of California as a whole.

Today's news seems to indicate Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado will have discussions with the Big 12 about joining that conference. I guess Tucson is as close to San Diego as there is when it comes to an out-of-state program. So, all things considered, still gets to play a lot of games close to come, just not necessarily in her home state. Well, she will get that (short-lived) PAC 12 experience for her freshman season come 2023-24.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score

A couple of good pick ups for the Hawkeyes. Another point guard to learn under Caitlin Clark for a season and another forward with a high motor. Told F Warnock and G Marshall won't take Covid-19 season but G Kate Martin will if she doesn't land a GA opportunity.

Reaction Score

Haven't seen this posted anywhere. I've seen her play for several years. DePaul is a good fit for her skillsets on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom