July WNBA thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

July WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It took a while, but Aces got the lead up big enough for the bench to play just about the whole 4th quarter. Plaisance has rediscovered her shot, she has 13.

Fever showed some promise early in the season, but now they are back to being just awful.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum is 17-23 from the floor the last 2 games. That's good right? Especially for a guard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stewie had a decent look from 3 for the tie. Gabby got the O board and raced back out behind the arc and took an awkward heave. There was still a bit of time left, didn't need to rush quite that much. Still a split in the 2 games at Washington is okay for Seattle.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Plum is 17-23 from the floor the last 2 games. That's good right? Especially for a guard.

Plum might be taking control over MVP race after the last few games with Vegas getting back on track and Seattle faltering a bit. Her shooting percentages are up to 46% FG and 43% from deep, both of which are outstanding for a guard averaging 20 ppg. I have a feeling it'll go to Wilson or Stewart over her at this point, but she's making a strong case.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum might be taking control over MVP race after the last few games with Vegas getting back on track and Seattle faltering a bit. Her shooting percentages are up to 46% FG and 43% from deep, both of which are outstanding for a guard averaging 20 ppg. I have a feeling it'll go to Wilson or Stewart over her at this point, but she's making a strong case.
She's also going to become only the second player in league history to make 100 3's in a season. Taurasi is the first of course. She's done it twice, and she's also going to do it this season. How weird is it that it's only happened twice ever, and that number is about to double.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Moriah having an excellent first half with the Lynx leading 50-36 (7-9 1-1 from 3) 3 assists, 1TO .

Liv getting only a few minutes but she had a beautiful drive to the basket with no hesitation splitting 2 defenders.

Reaction Score
Oh, EDD is in the conversation, but folks like to throw her sitting into the conversation. However, her fanbase (me included) remind those critics that legends like Tim Duncan sat out some games. EDD is a one of the best in the League and sad that she gets put on the back burner a lot.
I'm with you about EDD, JellyBean. Whatever needs to be done to prolong her career and her high standard of performance would be fine with me.

Regarding Tim Duncan, however, he didn't sit out games other than for injury until he was in his late 30s, much older than EDD is now, and even with those absences he usually played more than 70 games most seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom