JP Estrella Impresses at NBA Top 100 Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JP Estrella Impresses at NBA Top 100 Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From this it doesn't sound like UConn will be getting an official visit. So I'd assume we're out.

His comments on both Syracuse and Iowa specified how they play and develop their big men. Strange to not mention UConn there, as Sanogo went from 4th option to one of the best bigs in the country within 2 seasons. Whaley went from benchwarmer to BE DPOY (granted he was a development player and Estrella will be looking for immediate impact)

Reaction Score
It's even more clear in this article that UConn won't be an option. Next.

He has no other visits planned after Syracuse and will evaluate his options at that point with his family.

“As of right now, no,” he said. “I’m talking to a few schools. After the Syracuse visit, I’m going to reassess with my parents and if I need one, I may pull the trigger on one more visit. But if not, I’ll just figure out what school I’m going to go to.”

He also listed Tennessee, Gonzaga and Kansas as potential options. He has taken both an official and an unofficial to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
"Syracuse developing big men" is an oxymoron. Lets play zone and not develop in terms of strength or defensive skills. That being said, I understand why a big man may not be drawn to UConn with Sanago starting and Clingnan waiting in he wings. No guarantee that Sanago goes pro as his skill set does not fit in the NBA. He could stick around another year if there is decent NIL $$ available.

Reaction Score
"Syracuse developing big men" is an oxymoron. Lets play zone and not develop in terms of strength or defensive skills. That being said, I understand why a big man may not be drawn to UConn with Sanago starting and Clingnan waiting in he wings. No guarantee that Sanago goes pro as his skill set does not fit in the NBA. He could stick around another year if there is decent NIL $$ available.

Agree, but a top recruit isn't going to say he is avoiding competition other than to say they are looking for immediate playing time.

Reaction Score
well this sucks. seems like our only 2 options left are stewart and brandon williams. gotta lock em both down then maybe take singare as a reclass RS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or not sign a center in this class.
take or leave singare i dont care but we still have 2 open schollys for '22. besides castle, he's the only guy we've been linked with that could fill one so that's why i mentioned him.

Reaction Score
Iowa!?

1659556676407.png

Reaction Score
I mean they just had 2 back to back first team All Americans who were skilled bigs.
True. Also, they out-recruited Syracuse for another big a couple of years ago, too -- Riley Mulvey.

The Cuse is attracting fewer and fewer Top 100 players each year.

Reaction Score

He’s announcing on September 2. He isn’t planning to take any more official visits, so it might be down to Syracuse, Iowa, Tennessee, and Marquette. Hey, at least we made his list of 26.

Reaction Score
Today - a 24/7 CB and a Rivals FutureCast for a team that wears orange. Tennessee! ;)

I'm not sure that the 'Cuse will ever land another Top 100 recruit with JAB at the helm.

Reaction Score
Today - a 24/7 CB and a Rivals FutureCast for a team that wears orange. Tennessee! ;)

I'm not sure that the 'Cuse will ever land another Top 100 recruit with JAB at the helm.
Yup, sounds like Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34