josh. nba. | The Boneyard

josh. nba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
times up. pencils down. quiz over.

i might just back the truck up and remind sum of youse aboot the mean things u said to me aboot joshy way back when. for those whose brains leaked out of their ears, here's how it went down:
me (and a few others): 'joshy's getting paid, he's going to the league!"
many others: 'no, he's not.'
schools out, suckers. Josh Carlton forever!

and considering how ridiculously bad the big east was in the draft, well, let's just say joshy made the right move.
respect!

Reaction Score
times up. pencils down. quiz over.

i might just back the truck up and remind sum of youse aboot the mean things u said to me aboot joshy way back when. for those whose brains leaked out of their ears, here's how it went down:
me (and a few others): 'joshy's getting paid, he's going to the league!"
many others: 'no, he's not.'
schools out, suckers. Josh Carlton forever!

and considering how ridiculously bad the big east was in the draft, well, let's just say joshy made the right move.
respect!

Happy for Josh that he’s getting a shot. Not sure this counts as “getting paid” and “going to the league”.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
as mebbe the most valuable player on last season's hooston squad, let's see how they did:
hmmm, three ncaa tourney wins, including ones over #4 Illinois and #1 Arizona.
what's that, elite 8?

looks like they won their regular season and league tourney as well.
all arrows pointing up for our beastin bro. more to come.

Reaction Score
as mebbe the most valuable player on last season's hooston squad, let's see how they did:
hmmm, three ncaa tourney wins, including ones over #4 Illinois and #1 Arizona.
what's that, elite 8?

looks like they won their regular season and league tourney as well.
all arrows pointing up for our beastin bro. more to come.
Dude will get paid to play basketball somewhere. Not a bad gig.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Selling pencils, ???

I love Josh but...
umm, no u don't. moar than anyone, this thread was directly pointed at you, and ur incessant 'lols' and such way back when the josh gettin paid and in the league subject was originally talked aboot. so, while true that he didn't get drafted, it's also true that he's on the way with a legit chance to be on an nba regular season squad. a heckofa lot closer than the vast majority of makebelieve big east 'superstars.'
i'll be watching.

Reaction Score
Thought Boone was heading back to the League when I read the title. He being the better of the Joshes as it is
Are you sure , Boone would die in the Hurley system plus he played some with the greatest Big in our history also with wings and guards who could shoot.
Any real comparison becomes pretty difficult He and Hilton were in the right place at the right time Carlton not so much. Timing and Luck is a big factors in perceived success.

Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong had enough speed, mobility, and mid range shooting ability that he may have done ok in the Hurley era

Reaction Score
umm, no u don't. moar than anyone, this thread was directly pointed at you, and ur incessant 'lols' and such way back when the josh gettin paid and in the league subject was originally talked aboot. so, while true that he didn't get drafted, it's also true that he's on the way with a legit chance to be on an nba regular season squad. a heckofa lot closer than the vast majority of makebelieve big east 'superstars.'
i'll be watching.
You are the only person I have ever seen take a victory lap over a player signing a summer league contract.

Reaction Score
Good for Josh. As far as I'm concerned, anything good that happens for him is good.

That having been said, while I'm not a fan of pointless victory laps generally, at least normally they follow a victory. The OP dings the Big East for its failure to produce draft picks, not its failure to get folks into summer leagues and NBA tryouts, and then declares victory not because Josh gets drafted but because he gets into a summer league?

Please do better.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Good for Josh. As far as I'm concerned, anything good that happens for him is good.

That having been said, while I'm not a fan of pointless victory laps generally, at least normally they follow a victory. The OP dings the Big East for its failure to produce draft picks, not its failure to get folks into summer leagues and NBA tryouts, and then declares victory not because Josh gets drafted but because he gets into a summer league?

Please do better.
josh has more regular season bigtime league championships than danny.
josh has more bigtime league tourney championships than danny.
josh has three ncaa tourney wins, including one over a #1. danny, while here for years, has squattola.

josh is prettier, and mebbe even smarter than danny by bolting far away from him. seemed to work out very well for ol josh, dontcha think?

next up in the years ahead? cliffy follows this seasons exodus crew.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Please do better.
(looks in files...papers flyin...wait, 12 bucks a bale for hay? wha tha...., i spent $280 for dinner for two at le chi poopoo? hey! ... checking that stack, nope, not there.... aha! found it!)

'always liked hubert on the knicks when i was a kid. he struck me as cerebral on the court, a 'steady eddy.' carried himself with class and never imagined himself to be something that he is not. as a sometime carolina fan (among the big 3 here that im supposed to hate, ie. carolina, duke, and kentucky) i like the possibilities for him. i like the hire, and wish him well.'
hmmmm, lost by 3 in the ncaa title game, his first season. well i'll be...
pro tip: don't read the hubert davis hiring threads. gonna make a whole pantload of youse eyes bleed. the old joshy threads will just make u barf.. i did think ol 'selling pencils' poster here (what does that even mean?) was most hilarious on those hubie ones, and completely opposite of the final truth, so there's that.
let's see here, there's old jmoney, and corey, akok, and then sool, javonte ..... what's that, 3 guards, a forward and a center? heck, that's a whole team. u bet im proud and hopeful for mr carlton.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
josh has three ncaa tourney wins, including one over a #1. danny, while here for years, has squattola.

josh is prettier, and mebbe even smarter than danny by bolting far away from him. seemed to work out very well for ol josh, dontcha think?

JC has always been one of my favorites but was a beating pad for so many BYers
He made a great choice going to a program on the rise with a great game coach
He enjoyed success in the program and helped them advance far in the NCAAs while at Houston

Not sure of all the other spin that you are throwing out but Josh can hold his head high and I sincerely hope he plays for money somewhere and for a good amount of time.
UConn has some catching up to do to even look at Houston in the eyes but I feel that time will come soon.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
JC has always been one of my favorites but was a beating pad for so many BYers
He made a great choice going to a program on the rise with a great game coach
He enjoyed success in the program and helped them advance far in the NCAAs while at Houston

Not sure of all the other spin that you are throwing out but Josh can hold his head high and I sincerely hope he plays for money somewhere and for a good amount of time.
UConn has some catching up to do to even look at Houston in the eyes but I feel that time will come soon.
every point that i offered aboot josh's record is a fact.
every point that i offered aboot danny's record is a fact.
the only issue in contention is the import that anyone may hold for them.
obviously, having some of my favs ripped away from me makes me highly suspect as to what end? and, danny did play typo ad nauseum, so there's that fact too. dumbest team move ever, year after year, and i said so, from day one. loudly, continually, and with certainty.
i sure hope that all are correct, and that we're heading to better places, but lately, it feels to me more like the typical knick nonsense. we are dangerously close to the heartbreak of injury. or psoriasis. one of those.
talky time is over. i need results. i like josh's results, very much.
faith and judgement, well rewarded.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You’re an odd duck.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You’re an odd duck.
oh yeah?
wp4142284.jpg

hey, nobody asked for my opinion when they were fillin up my gene pool. and, i was taught to not make fun of folks' family, cuz, once again, me an everbuddy else also have no say in who our kinfolk are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom