2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Longino | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Longino

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Didn’t see a thread. Top 50 kid from philly, considered a Nova lean. Can Hurley do it again?

Reaction Score
Definitely shoots well, but his mechanics seem a little off somehow- is his release low, or is it out in front of him and thus looks low? Can't deny the ball is going through net an awful lot, and yes these are highlights, and we need shooters- but something is weird about his stroke.

Reaction Score
Definitely shoots well, but his mechanics seem a little off somehow- is his release low, or is it out in front of him and thus looks low? Can't deny the ball is going through net an awful lot, and yes these are highlights, and we need shooters- but something is weird about his stroke.

His release is maybe a little lower than ideal and has kind of wonky timing on it. But there should be absolutely 0 concern with his shooting. Nothing with that shot is going to keep him from shooting at the high-major level unlike someone like Andre Jackson (potentially). Longino is a baller--the offers speak for themselves.

UconnU

Reaction Score
His release is maybe a little lower than ideal and has kind of wonky timing on it. But there should be absolutely 0 concern with his shooting. Nothing with that shot is going to keep him from shooting at the high-major level unlike someone like Andre Jackson (potentially). Longino is a baller--the offers speak for themselves.
In addition to his shoot making he’s also a spectacular overall athlete. He is also a first team all-state QB.

Reaction Score
In addition to his shoot making he’s also a spectacular overall athlete. He is also a first team all-state QB.

That's a good sign. Not every top player is a multi-sport athlete, of course, but it often speaks to the ability to learn and adapt to new skills. Allen Iverson, Burrell, Nash, and Tim Duncan come to mind.

Edit: Cool list of multi-sport athletes here

Reaction Score
Those two videos were over 7 and 1/2 minutes of great shooting, some nice drives and layups, but I don't remember any dunks. Did I miss them or is he strictly a below the rim guy?

Reaction Score
Those two videos were over 7 and 1/2 minutes of great shooting, some nice drives and layups, but I don't remember any dunks. Did I miss them or is he strictly a below the rim guy?

If he can make over 40% from 3 his whole career I could care less if he ever dunks the ball. He’s above the rim with his jumper. Handles the ball well on a couple of mid range shots also, please bring him to Storrs if he is truly a radar from the perimeter.

Last thing I want to hear Watchdog say is “yeah he just made 7 three pointers against us but didn’t dunk once” when we play Nova. Lol(kidding W-d)

Reaction Score
If he can make over 40% from 3 his whole career I could care less if he ever dunks the ball. He’s above the rim with his jumper. Handles the ball well on a couple of mid range shots also, please bring him to Storrs if he is truly a radar from the perimeter.

Last thing I want to hear Watchdog say is “yeah he just made 7 three pointers against us but didn’t dunk once” when we play Nova. Lol(kidding W-d)
Hopefully it would work the same way as whoever the poster was who called out Whaley for never dunking and then he had 4 or 5 the next game

Reaction Score

He can dunk, I’ve seen him play.

Diggins and Longino make a lot of sense for Villanova if both sides want each other. It’s going to be harder- but not impossible- to get local guys away from Wright than from Willard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's my job to watch for things others miss........... :rolleyes:
But if he's playing for us and took only 14 shots to make those 7 threes I'd let it go.

Reaction Score

Diggins and Longino make a lot of sense for Villanova if both sides want each other. It’s going to be harder- but not impossible- to get local guys away from Wright than from Willard.
[/QUOT

If we offered him, DH must not feel it's impossible, so let's see how excited the Boneyard becomes on the day Diggins and Longino announce for UConn!

UconnU

Reaction Score

I like Hawkins and Ellis more than either of them. Keels and Sallis are really the cream of the crop for that class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom