2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins is playing out of his mind. | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins is playing out of his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love seeing the best player on the court in a HS game take a charge

Reaction Score
Agree with CL82, the play-by-play guy was terrible, sounded like he just woke up. At one point, he calls him "Hawkins Jordan". The color guy called him Elijah Hawkins. ...and this is the best player on the court they're talking about! ? Hawkins looked good though!

Reaction Score
Agree with CL82, the play-by-play guy was terrible, sounded like he just woke up. At one point, he calls him "Hawkins Jordan". The color guy called him Elijah Hawkins. ...and this is the best player on the court they're talking about! ? Hawkins looked good though!
While I agree with the color guy comments, I'm not sure what we expect from a HS prep school color guy probably getting paid in donuts and coffee. And there is an Elijah Hawkins on the team.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the color guy comments, I'm not sure what we expect from a HS prep school color guy probably getting paid in donuts and coffee. And there is an Elijah Hawkins on the team.
I was just going to say, with two guards named Hawkins on the same team I could see myself messing that up from time to time.

Reaction Score
I'm actually into the monotonous drone of the announcer. Brings me back to the old Service Electric channel two guys in PA calling games. HS announcers tend to be the best as they're 95% of the time really dedicated individuals who love the game and really know the players (if not so much what they're talking about game wise sometimes, but that's the charm) or they've been drafted into doing something they really would rather not, which leads to all sorts of high comedy.

Reaction Score
I'm actually into the monotonous drone of the announcer. Brings me back to the old Service Electric channel two guys in PA calling games. HS announcers tend to be the best as they're 95% of the time really dedicated individuals who love the game and really know the players (if not so much what they're talking about game wise sometimes, but that's the charm) or they've been drafted into doing something they really would rather not, which leads to all sorts of high comedy.
LOL I still have old Channel 2 DVDs of replays of games I played in when I was in high school. My mom used to call them and they would let her buy them for practically nothing.

Reaction Score
Anyone who is not a casual like myself watch the game & can provide a stat line?

Reaction Score
17 PTS
5 REB (2 offensive)
0AST (1 potential)

1 TO
0 STL
1 BLK

5/6 2FG
2/3 3FG
1/2 FT

Definitely looks bigger. I think the guys calling him 6’5 now have it.
  • As I’ve said before… the kid is a great defender already--much different in that regard than anyone we have at the PG/SG/SF spots except maybe BAdams right now and Reese if you count him as a 3. Moves his feet really well on the perimeter with great balance and focus. Easily staying in front of his man in the full-court, just seems to glide when moving his feet.
  • Game was a blowout early so maybe not too much to learn.
  • Coach has him handling the ball more than last year. Still not great, but good to see he’s getting game reps to work on it.
  • Looks to me to be the best player on the floor by far. This year will say a lot about his leadership… Dematha lost a lot of talent and isn’t expected to be as good as year’s past.
  • Played maybe 20 minutes total out of 40. Sat most of the 2nd half.

Unfortunately, no youtube video and I don’t see how to link a FB video to a specific time. Here’s the link though:

50:06 Really smooth 1 dribble pull up--first offensive possession of the game. Nice negative step and head fake.
51:56 block from the helpside
1:05:30 buttery corner 3. I’d love to see him running off the same screens we throw Polley/Bouk in for 3s net year.
1:06:30 Same alleyoop play we run for Bouk almost… just a bad pass.
1:09:40 Vicious putback after the offensive board
1:35:00 tomahawk slam to start the second half
1:35:35 aanndd another one
1:36:54 fingerroll
1:39:30 3 ball

Reaction Score
Hawkins is smooth and skilled, almost graceful. Really pleased to see him coming here.

Reaction Score
Let's get this guy on campus next semester! ( if he can graduate early )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom