2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hurley is incredible. Going off the 247sports historical rankings, of our top 25 recruits ever, Hurley has landed 4. Ollie in his 6 seasons landed 4 total.

And Hurley doesn't have much under his belt yet. Can't wait to see the results of Hurley x Uptick in program x Big East.

Anyway you cut it, this is an improvement in recruiting.

Even Ollie's top ranked recruits though seemed like afterthoughts or people we landed AFTER we missed on early targets. I'm referring to kids like Durham who were highly ranked, but little sought after. That being said, Ollie was recruiting for the AAC.

I'll also say that some of the best recruits from the Calhoun years were afterthoughts or late recruits like Durham, and this goes for Emeka Okafor, Josh Boone and even players like Deandre Daniels.

C

Chief00

Anyway you cut it, this is an improvement in recruiting.

Even Ollie's top ranked recruits though seemed like afterthoughts or people we landed AFTER we missed on early targets. I'm referring to kids like Durham who were highly ranked, but little sought after. That being said, Ollie was recruiting for the AAC.

I'll also say that some of the best recruits from the Calhoun years were afterthoughts or late recruits like Durham, and this goes for Emeka Okafor, Josh Boone and even players like Deandre Daniels.
The problem was that KO was at Capital Grille not out on The Grind. True, when you could combine the two - it worked.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley is doing great assembling this great talent. Next step is a Calhoun imitation where he coaches them up...
I'm thinking most of the guys here have been coached up OK so far.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking most of the guys here have been coached up OK so far.
I agree but jelling them into a team of dominance is the next phase. I have confidence. Can’t win without talent and he’s getting it, that’s what’s important.

Reaction Score
He’s his own hype man and some here buy in. I’ll give him credit for being a good carnival barker. But, until one commit, even a walk on, mentions the grind urinals the blaze or any of the other innocuous hash tags he mass produces, I’m not a believer.

That being said, I appreciate the fact that he’s one of us and support him from afar. Whatever it is that he actually does to pay the rent.
‘carnival barker’....I like that one

Reaction Score
impressive young man.
ikr? Comes across as very mature for his age and a bit serious. Just from this interview id be shocked to see this kid get in any kind trouble off the court. This kid looks like hes got some serious focus even on his decision to come to Uconn. Hes very sure and confident in it. Im very impressed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He’s his own hype man and some here buy in. I’ll give him credit for being a good carnival barker. But, until one commit, even a walk on, mentions the grind urinals the blaze or any of the other innocuous hash tags he mass produces, I’m not a believer.

That being said, I appreciate the fact that he’s one of us and support him from afar, whatever it is that he actually does to pay his rent.

Football players are in on the grind.

Screenshot_20200809-085200.png

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
ikr? Comes across as very mature for his age and a bit serious. Just from this interview id be shocked to see this kid get in any kind trouble off the court. This kid looks like hes got some serious focus even on his decision to come to Uconn. Hes very sure and confident in it. Im very impressed.

Boomer here. ikr ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger