2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My only desire and it has come true
THIS is the guy that is going to bring the UConn back into UConn
He is a stud and UConn is so lucky that he was "under the radar" to most except some of us who had noticed him when his tapes and buzz really started to circulate out about 9 months ago.
Thank you DH and staff for recognizing the talent and sticking it out even when some of the biggest of P5s started to really hound Jordan and his folks.
Storrs has landed a big fish and I cant wait to see him wear a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
God I love this team and this staff so much. It’s clear Hurley and co. are selling these guys something and they’re buying in 100%.
So much new talent it's mind boggling. Don't know where to look first. It would be nice to see a short tape with all of them on it for 30 seconds or so each.

Reaction Score
For real. Each staff member has landed at least a couple recruits.

Tom - Jackson, Diggins, Akok
Kimani - Sanogo, Bouknight, Gaffney, Springs
Kenya - Hawkins, Javonte Brown Ferguson
Reading this list (and he gets his flowers, don’t take this wrong BY) but Tom really pulls in some BIG fish. He literally took a Syracuse favorite, A Syracuse lean and a Villanova favorite right from their respective back yards

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
God I love this team and this staff so much. It’s clear Hurley and co. are selling these guys something and they’re buying in 100%.
It looks like we're at the point where these guys are selling each other and the program. I think part of this is the result of decisions Hurley made during the season.

Reaction Score
For real. Each staff member has landed at least a couple recruits (including at least 1 top 50 guy each).

Tom - Jackson, Diggins, Akok
Kimani - Sanogo, Bouknight, Gaffney, Springs
Kenya - Hawkins, Javonte Brown Ferguson
Since the end of the 2018 season, It seems like we have hit a home run when it comes to everything off the court. It all started with hiring Dan Hurley, then he went on to hire a real solid staff which has brought in some good recruits the last two years. It feels good to win recruiting battles and bring in top recruits. The move to the Big East has a lot to do with that I'm sure. It seems like we are doing all the right things off the court and I think that is finally going to pay off so we can finally enjoy it with on the court success.

C

Chief00

For those Casual Fans who doubted:

#TheGrind
#All-In
#DamBreak
#Chief24/7
#BlazeRecruit
#Confirm

Been great celebrating the big win today and a little more to do.

Question for tomorrow - Who’s on Deck?

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly, I have to add a subjective thought. Duke, UK, my own KU, they get stud guys all the time. This feels different to me. Like these guys commit and are already bought in. Whatever the ranking doesn’t much matter. There is a belief in the approach, a sense of surety that is impressive.

Reaction Score
Dick Vitale on Twitter: "Yes @PaulBiancardi says Danny Hurley strikes gold getting JORDAN HAWKINS @Golive23 from elite @DeMathaCatholic program . U better believe the good old days of @UConnMBB r coming back .@BIGEASTMBB @AmoreCourant" / Twitter

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Dick Vitale on Twitter: "Yes @PaulBiancardi says Danny Hurley strikes gold getting JORDAN HAWKINS @Golive23 from elite @DeMathaCatholic program . U better believe the good old days of @UConnMBB r coming back .@BIGEASTMBB @AmoreCourant" / Twitter

The tweet that strikes fear into every Duke fan.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Duke piles up talent at these levels and better every year. They are likely not concerned. Because they think they're invincible.
Smack talk: They are our biatch and along with agent orange and Kensucky are the most likely program to fear a UConn resurgence.

Especially if Dukie V proclaims it!

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I believe all the success they staff is having with recruitment goes back to when they first arrived & treated existing players with care & respect without kicking them to the curb like yesterdays trash as many wished the staff had done. We are reaping the rewards of the staffs long view of how to build trust and respect with current players & future prospects. They & they're families are taking notice.
Welcome Jordan to Husky Nation!

Reaction Score
Hurley is incredible. Going off the 247sports historical rankings, of our top 25 recruits ever, Hurley has landed 4. Ollie in his 6 seasons landed 4 total.

And Hurley doesn't have much under his belt yet. Can't wait to see the results of Hurley x Uptick in program x Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom