2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wHo WaNtS tO pLaY iN tHe ZoMbIe BiG eAsT???

“The Big East played a big part because the Big East is a great conference,” he said. “It’s a perfect conference for me and my playing style. Playing against top competition like Villanova, Marquette, Seton Hall, it’s definitely big.”

Let’s freaking go!!!!!!

Reaction Score
My favorite thing about this is how all the lurkers from other Big East schools would come troll our board. They’ve been missing for a few months now....

Reaction Score
Hawkins vs Rancho Christian.... the highlights are limited so I am missing some pieces. but he definitely had 16 points and 2 assists. and 2/2 from the FT line.

DeMatha vs. Rancho Christian - 2020 Hoophall Classic - ESPN Broadcast Highlights
  • I think he will thrive playing in the corner in the NBA and college. 3s, 1 dribble pull ups, and dunks like this.
DeMatha vs. Rancho Christian - 2020 Hoophall Classic - ESPN Broadcast Highlights
  • More corner work.. Quick 3
  • More corner work. Assist to the big man
  • Offensive board and putback. This will really be a strength of his.
  • He didn’t get the charge this time, but you see him getting in position to take them a lot. I would think he might draw charges better than our guards have for quite a while. I can’t remember the last guard we had that was a real natural at it.
  • 1 dribble pull up. He has better balance going to his left than right. I hadn’t seen him go right before much--it’s good to see he has it in his bag.
  • Corner 3
  • Right hand jam

Something I'm noticing after watching these 5 or 6 games is how involved he is defensively. He isn't really getting a ton of steals or blocks or anything. But it seems like whenever an opponent is getting a drive to the rim, Jordan is the one on his team to step in and try to stop the layup. Too many kids are scared to look bad if they get posterized, really seems like Jordan just wants to win. Great defensive effort, effecient on offense. He has the kind of game that will give him a 10+ year NBA career as the 3rd or 4th option on a team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

From a local guy

Jordan has one of the best looking and high efficiency jumpers from deep and the mid range in the nation. In the mid-range cuts, back-screens and flex cuts Jordan is always ready for the ball. His footwork is perfect and Jordan will rise up with excellent lift and get off his jumper super quick. He can score over 6-10 plus bigs and every type of player. Jordan can put the ball on the deck and hit jumpers off 2 to 5 dribbles with range way beyond the 3 point line. He is very lean.thin but is deceptively strong and will drive to the rim and can finish off heavy contact. Jordan has a great wingspan he utilizes for very long reach tips, rebounds, deflections and steals. On the defensive end, Jordan is a pesky defender who p[lays with great heart and desire. I rate Jordan as a power 5 recruit with is excellent passion and work ethic.

Readd like Rip's MO.

Reaction Score
1596826747059.jpeg

Hurley has been studying The Blaze Strategy

C

Chief00

Wow. Can't be overstated how well the staff has done.

What's more impressive is the fact they're doing this with the uncertainty of the pandemic.

Jordan Hawkins said in his blog that he hasn't even been to Connecticut... think about that. The staff made him feel comfortable enough to commit his life and future ambitions to play somewhere he's never even been.
All the credit should go to the staff. Special shoutout to Coach Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom