2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know what I don't miss? Missing out on Top 10 guys that we were never going to get in the first place and then panic recruiting from YouTube sight unseen from a bar stool.

We're in the Big East and we have elite recruits who fit our system. What a time.

While it is true we have done some panic recruiting, we've landed Tyler Polley and Isaiah Whaley. Which shows there's a lot of top D1 talent out there waiting to be developed.

Josh Carlton was actually not a panic recruit; he was being courted as our big man early on.

Reaction Score
While it is true we have done some panic recruiting, we've landed Tyler Polley and Isaiah Whaley. Which shows there's a lot of top D1 talent out there waiting to be developed.

Josh Carlton was actually not a panic recruit; he was being courted as our big man early on.
I think he’s referencing beloved Kwinten Williams. But exactly there are a lot of great 4 year players who never touch the ranking systems. Whaley is a great example and is probably being used by the staff on every big man recruit they talk to.

Reaction Score
Blog from Jordan about his decision:

Blog

I sure wish I had been as mature at his age (forget 17, how about when I was 27) as Jordan sounds. So focused and thoughtful.
Congratulations to the staff on identifying and getting commitments from kids like Jordan and Rahsool..............and more to come!

Reaction Score
“They told me, ‘UConn can make you a pro,‘” Hawkins said. “The history speaks for itself. UConn is known for producing pros and winning championships.”

“DeMatha is a great program,” Hawkins said. “At DeMatha, we do things right. When you leave DeMatha, you’re college-ready and you have an advantage, we run our team like a college program. ... I can defend, shoot, play-make, I can get it done. When I put on that UConn jersey, Connecticut can expect me to get the job done, get some W’s.”

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
When I called Coach Hurley and the other assistant coaches, he ran off camera when we were on FaceTime because he was so excited. Haha!

Dan Freaking Hurley! I love this guy!

Reaction Score
“First of all, Coach Hurley,” Jones said. “He’s a great coach who also demands a lot from his players. I think Jordan is the type of player who can do well under that. I’m not Coach Hurley, but I also am very demanding of my guys, and Jordan didn’t bat an eye in the one season he was with us. If I got on his case, it didn’t bother him at all. It just made him want to work harder. I think Coach Hurley’s personality is gonna be something that is definitely gonna bring the best out of many players, Jordan included.”

For those without Register access: UConn gets ‘a steal’ in athletic shooting guard Jordan Hawkins from DeMatha Catholic

Reaction Score
Hurley and his staff have done an incredible job recruiting.

Absolutely love the way this staff recruits. They have a solid realistic strategy on what the real needs are and have the staff that can execute it from start to finish. Great job of closing the deal. Kudos to Hurley AND the rest of the staff.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
When I called Coach Hurley and the other assistant coaches, he ran off camera when we were on FaceTime because he was so excited. Haha!

Dan Freaking Hurley! I love this guy!

Came here to share this quote...seems like every day I love our coach more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom