Jonquel Jones 20/20 | The Boneyard

Jonquel Jones 20/20

Reaction Score
The Sun game is still on and right now JJ has 21 points and 20 rebounds. Smashing!

Reaction Score
Are they winning? Because they did pretty awful against the Lynx Friday :( I went, it was honestly a pretty bad game all around, even the Lynx had a very slow start. Waayyy too many layups missed. Even Maya didn't score more than a few free throws until late in the game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The Sun game is still on and right now JJ has 21 points and 20 rebounds. Smashing!

Interesting that Jones was essentially traded for Chelsea Gray. Can't say LA lost that trade since Gray was pivotal in their title run a year ago and is blossoming into a very good PG, but in hindsight it is surprising that Jones fell to 6th overall when you consider her production so far. She has the skills to be a top post in the league.

Reaction Score
Are they winning? Because they did pretty awful against the Lynx Friday :( I went, it was honestly a pretty bad game all around, even the Lynx had a very slow start. Waayyy too many layups missed. Even Maya didn't score more than a few free throws until late in the game.
The Lynx game was awful, ugly basketball. You get that with a young team. But they beat Chicago tonight handily.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jonquel leads the league with 12.2 rpg. Sylvia is second with 10.7. Elizabeth Williams is the only other double-digit rebounder. Tina (8.5) and Stewie (8.3) rank 7th and 8th, respectively. It's still early.

Griner and Fowles dropped behind Tiffany in scoring. At 20.8 ppg, Tiff trails only Jewell, Nneka, and Elena.

Interestingly, Cappie leads the league in apg, at 8.3. The best PG in the world is second at 8.0.

Reaction Score
Combined for 70 free throw attempts! Painful to watch. Very solid game for J. J.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The start to this season has been very interesting. Stars like Moore, Parker and Stewie are not performing well from a PPG perspective, but other less "heralded" players have risen to the top. Hayes #4, Gray #7, Curry #9 and Tamera Young #10. Cappie, Clarendon, Jones and Epiph Prince are the next 4. I assume things will change and the stars will rise closer to the top, but it's been a strange start for sure. Nice to see some of the "other" players having breakout years...

Reaction Score
I am loving watching JJ's evolution as a player this season! She really has so much potential. Just imagine once she puts on some muscle mass and adds some more strength.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Jones was essentially traded for Chelsea Gray. Can't say LA lost that trade since Gray was pivotal in their title run a year ago and is blossoming into a very good PG, but in hindsight it is surprising that Jones fell to 6th overall when you consider her production so far. She has the skills to be a top post in the league.

And Odyssey Sims; the Sun's first round pick was included, which was sent to Dallas for Sims.

Reaction Score
Simply a great performance by her. I look forward to seeing more of this from her.

It was nice to see the Sun finally get at win after some heartbreaking losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom