OT: - Jon Scheyer serious candidate for Pitt job | The Boneyard

OT: Jon Scheyer serious candidate for Pitt job

Reaction Score
Duke Assistant Jon Scheyer Serious Candidate for Pitt Job
Scheyer was rumored to have been offered the job by several anonymous Twitter accounts on Sunday. PSN was able to corroborate those reports. Following Duke’s overtime loss today to Kansas, Scheyer is available, so things could develop quickly.

scheyerface_2.jpg

Reaction Score
Is he even 30 years old yet? He's been an assistant for what 4 years?

Pitt can't be serious about him being a candidate

Reaction Score
Triple header; shots at pitt, puke and the guy sporting the UNC in the video looks like the typical Chapel Hill tool

Reaction Score
Is he even 30 years old yet? He's been an assistant for what 4 years?

Pitt can't be serious about him being a candidate
calm down they're only gonna pay him 3mil a year...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
More I think about it, more I'm convinced they should go for Dan D'Antoni. Yeah he's 70, but he's got name recognition, he's done work in the area (Marshall is pretty close to Pittsburgh), his teams play fun basketball and if he's able to turn things around over the next half-decade, they can start aiming for a long-term solution around 2025 or so.

Would make a lot more sense than taking a chance on an unproven assistant like Scheyer, or on a not-quite-proven mid-major head coach. It's basically the path SMU took with Larry Brown.

Reaction Score
I wonder if D'Antoni would leave his alma mater. It's not like he needs the money at this point in his career/life but then again, $3-4m annually sets your grandkids up for life with a helluva inheritance.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
More I think about it, more I'm convinced they should go for Dan D'Antoni. Yeah he's 70, but he's got name recognition, he's done work in the area (Marshall is pretty close to Pittsburgh), his teams play fun basketball and if he's able to turn things around over the next half-decade, they can start aiming for a long-term solution around 2025 or so.

Would make a lot more sense than taking a chance on an unproven assistant like Scheyer, or on a not-quite-proven mid-major head coach. It's basically the path SMU took with Larry Brown.

I like Otzelberger or Musselman for one reason: if you're gonna turn it around fast you're gonna need to become a "transfer U" type of school.

Both of those guys have experience on staffs who did just that.

Reaction Score
I was talking to someone today and we agreed that you’ll know Pitt has given up when they just decide to hire someone off of Duke’s roster.
Burn!

Reaction Score
I was talking to someone today and we agreed that you’ll know Pitt has given up when they just decide to hire someone off of Duke’s roster.
And going further, Schyer from said staff? Not even the former OU coach who is now I guess the assistant?

Reaction Score
I like Otzelberger or Musselman for one reason: if you're gonna turn it around fast you're gonna need to become a "transfer U" type of school.

Both of those guys have experience on staffs who did just that.
I don't see Pitt turning things around soon. They need to recruit an entire team so I'd guess they are close to 5 years away from having a chance to be competitive no matter who they hire. Challenges are one thing but the Pitt situation is ridiculous.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't see Pitt turning things around soon. They need to recruit an entire team so I'd guess they are close to 5 years away from having a chance to be competitive no matter who they hire. Challenges are one thing but the Pitt situation is ridiculous.

Transfer market can cut that time down.

Reaction Score

If your last name in D'Antoni how on earth do you name your child Dan? I wouldn't hire him just because that is too freakin' dumb to abide.

the Q

Reaction Score
Follow-up question:

Why is your nickname a first name when you already have two different first names?

short-hand version of his last name

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom