Joe Lunardi Early 2022 Bracketology | The Boneyard

Joe Lunardi Early 2022 Bracketology

Reaction Score
So basically we are a little worse than 2021. We really need to forget about the league and follow the Villanova/Gonzaga model and just try to be a great program. Who gives a flying fig if Seton Hall or Providence make the tournament? I guarantee the Zags don’t care if San Diego even puts a team on the floor. Jay Wright doesn’t care if Seton Hall closes and sells the property to Amazon. He wants to beat whoever shows up that day whether they are in the Big East, Big 10 Big 12 or Little 3. The current New Big East hinders greatness since there is only one program that starts the season planning to win a national championship. It takes a major commitment to not move to the mean where you are satisfied getting a bid. Not sure we are that committed any more.

Reaction Score
So basically we are a little worse than 2021. We really need to forget about the league and follow the Villanova/Gonzaga model and just try to be a great program. Who gives a flying fig if Seton Hall or Providence make the tournament? I guarantee the Zags don’t care if San Diego even puts a team on the floor. Jay Wright doesn’t care if Seton Hall closes and sells the property to Amazon. He wants to beat whoever shows up that day whether they are in the Big East, Big 10 Big 12 or Little 3. The current New Big East hinders greatness since there is only one program that starts the season planning to win a national championship. It takes a major commitment to not move to the mean where you are satisfied getting a bid. Not sure we are that committed any more.
I've seen some nonsense, but this is some extra nonsense.

Reaction Score
Yikes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yammering Blah Blah Blah GIF by The Internet

Reaction Score
Why do you keep wasting your time writing this garbage

Reaction Score
This would be hilarious for me as I married in to a huge Northwestern family of diehard Wildcats. I would feel bad moving on to the next round.... but not really

Reaction Score
Boys and girls this is the reality. We moved to a very regional conference.
we no longer recruit nationally. We go after virtually only people from the northeast. There are good players in the northeast but there are also too many people recruiting them and in any given year the guy or guys you need might be in Texas or LA or Washington State or Florida or Minneapolis. Dan Hurley isn’t allowed to go to those places. This athletic department has lost its edge, its desire and willingness to do what it takes to do what is necsssary to win it all...oh, they’ll be all excited to go to the tournament but beyond that they have no clue. The Seton Hallization of UConn athletics is well underway. It’s sad but it is.

Reaction Score
we no longer recruit nationally. We go after virtually only people from the northeast. There are good players in the northeast but there are also too many people recruiting them and in any given year the guy or guys you need might be in Texas or LA or Washington State or Florida or Minneapolis. Dan Hurley isn’t allowed to go to those places. This athletic department has lost its edge, its desire and willingness to do what it takes to do what is necsssary to win it all...oh, they’ll be all excited to go to the tournament but beyond that they have no clue. The Seton Hallization of UConn athletics is well underway. It’s sad but it is.
I'm not sure if you're aware of the concept of strategy, but recruiting the northeast was a strategy to leverage Hurley's connections during a down period. It was not a mandate from the athletic department. It is not a permanent thing. It was impossible to recruit nationally to a mediocre team in the AAC following the last couple Ollie years, That's where Hurley started. Hurley has already said the next assistant we are imminently hiring is going to be tasked with recruiting more nationally, now that the school's profile has been raised back to relevance.

Further, the Big East has almost exactly the same footprint as the Big Ten, so I'm not sure about this regional nonsense.

Reaction Score

I took this clown off ignore for the first time in years to see what all the fuss is about and I’m glad I did. This is A+ content.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I took this clown off ignore for the first time in years to see what all the fuss is about and I’m glad I did. This is A+ content.
Agreed. Unlike the few I have on ignore, he's worth keeping on the radar because his material isn't so much annoying as it is absurd & entertaining.

Reaction Score
Wait how does a bracket prediction evoke this response from @freescooter?
The week hurley says he’s expanding the recruiting footprint you decide to criticize him for not having a large enough recruiting area! Just bizarre

Reaction Score
Wait how does a bracket prediction evoke this response from @freescooter?
The week hurley says he’s expanding the recruiting footprint you decide to criticize him for not having a large enough recruiting area! Just bizarre
Shhhh.... don't tell him. It'll cut into the free entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom