Jim Mora - Man about campus | The Boneyard

Jim Mora - Man about campus

Reaction Score
College Sports | Jim Mora’s first pitch starts the day for UConn baseball, Luke Broadhurst ends it

-> Broadhurst’s homer landed to the left of the home bullpen, where head football coach Jim Mora started the day.

Mora, set to throw out the first pitch, made his way to the bullpen about 30 minutes before the game. After warming up, getting a few throws in, Mora walked from the bullpen to the dugout and then straight up to the mound. His pitch was a perfect strike.

“There’s such good will on this campus,” Penders said. “Coach Mora, he goes to everything. He and his wife have just become part of the community here really quickly. So proud to share the campus with him. It feels like he’s been here a long time with how ingrained he is with all things UConn.”

Mora made a swift exit after spending some time in the broadcast booth to welcome a pair of official visitors to campus. One, a tight end from TCU, Alex Honig, committed before the game ended. <-

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know there was a thread a few months ago that talked about Mora being quiet....and I was one the posters who piled on...he really is out there now. Very visible. Great to see!

Reaction Score
Loved his fist pump after the throw!! We need to keep him her for 10+ years, whatever it takes.
He is a great ambassador for the program and I do think he will get UConn back to winning 7-9 per season and fill up the stands.

I don't think UConn will be going to the Big 12 in this go around, and I hope I am wrong. However, even if it's the basketball brand that brings the recognition to the football team at first, if the football team can play solid football winning 7-9 games per season, fill the Rent, and become the brand of being the "Northeast football program" behind Penn State a major conference will eventually come calling.

Reaction Score
Each sport should have it's own venue and will be looking forward to see women's volleyball competing against the best for a national title sooner than later. GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
I have to say that Jim Mora might be football's Jim Calhoun. Will we win a championship in football, maybe no, but I loved the hire since it was announced. DB hit a home run...

Reaction Score
I have to say that Jim Mora might be football's Jim Calhoun. Will we win a championship in football, maybe no, but I loved the hire since it was announced. DB hit a home run...
I liked the hire very much when it was announced. That's one end of the spectrum. The other end of the spectrum was when Randy Edsall was hired. I felt like a deflated balloon after that announcement.

Jim Mora will go onto to do good things with UConn Football. If UConn gets into the Big 12, he will do great things with UConn Football.

Reaction Score
I liked the hire very much when it was announced. That's one end of the spectrum. The other end of the spectrum was when Randy Edsall was hired. I felt like a deflated balloon after that announcement.

Jim Mora will go onto to do good things with UConn Football. If UConn gets into the Big 12, he will do great things with UConn Football.
Mora has a vision that is higher then anyone could imagine. He has West Coast energy, and it’s mr red pants looneyism. I always felt Edsall didn’t have much of a vision to elevate the program even RE 1.0.

Reaction Score
Mora has a vision that is higher then anyone could imagine. He has West Coast energy, and it’s mr red pants looneyism. I always felt Edsall didn’t have much of a vision to elevate the program even RE 1.0.
Edsall 1.0 had a brand players bought into. Ironically its a brand that Edsall torched when he left the program.

edit: since this is a mora thread, I'll say the obvious, Mora is unequivocally the best of all worlds you could ask for so far and knows the value of a "high tide" approach by raising all the boats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom