Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@FfdCntyFan’s hints at the pettiness of the powers that be not spending what is needed (until now??) are interesting.
What one calls "pettiness" another could call "not throwing good money after bad." Edsall would still have been Edsall even with some extra money to spend. I'm comparing this situation to the Bobby V Red Sox. That year was a disaster yet he made some good calls. Youk was washed up, Papi was jaking it. But even though it wasn't all his fault, he took all the fault with him when he was sacked and the Sox started fresh, even John Lackey.

UConn is doing the same thing psychologically. All the negative associated with the recent past has been bundled up and forgotten. They are wisely using this new hire to begin a complete reboot of the program. So far, so good.

Reaction Score
Staff Directory - University of Alabama Athletics sort for Football. Bama's is very similar to ours currently. Georgia has 60. I think both UConn and Bama don't have nutritionist and the likes for Football only, that makes a tiny bit of difference, but Rutgers has like 15 offensive analysts and no one has close to that.
Rutgers probably has pretty sizable helicopter maintenance crew.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers probably has pretty sizable helicopter maintenance crew.

Well they’d have to wouldn’t they?

upside down spinning GIF

Reaction Score
How are they paying for this? Is it possible we have 1 or more anonymous donors helping out? I’ll go back to season tickets even if I am unable to use them.
The school has the money. It's the BoT that strong arms the AD into being cheap because it doesn't line their pockets with more cash. If Mora turns this around relatively quickly, watch how fast the board changes their tune with investing in football.

Reaction Score
My only hope is that we continue to build on the staff that is and that will be in place. Hire all the needed on and off the field personnel right now, even things that don’t seem super important like a nutritionist can make a huge difference especially in the off-season. Then as the program grows the staff grows with it.

Reaction Score
The football program made money the first ten years. Then lost money the next ten years. What was the difference?

Reaction Score
A power conference, no buyouts, a fan base willing to buy tix and merchandise … things like that.

Reaction Score
Both Davidson and Errin Joe (current GA at Georgia Tech) are both listed on the UConn website as part of the “Player Personnel” department which is led by Perhson.

his Twitter bio says he is the associate director of player personnel at Georgia Tech

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the way coach has been doing assistant intros as of late, I can see Errin Joe officially introduced to the UConn faithful tomorrow...

Reaction Score
It has been changed to offense

In the previous regime, Petrarca was largely focused on the Quarterbacks - with Moyseenko. I'm thinking some of that ... but a broader assignment given Charlton's background.

It's interesting that Joe was a solid college lineman at Bigtime Georgia Tech. This makes him doubly valuable to Sammis etc. And also both he and Davison have previous work with Pehrson. All good

Reaction Score
Awkward interview. Asked if Prince Samuels is committed and coach Mora said he is not. However, i don't think a coach can comment on a player who hasn't signed a LOI.
^This^

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom