Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
I wonder how many staff we had under Edsall. I never thought we had nearly that many people. 7 people who in one way or another are basically responsible for recruiting? This bodes well for future classes for sure.
I count 39 filled/open positions for the staff. Don’t know off the top of my head what we had in the Edsall 2.0 era, but just feels like a significant increase (10+ more).

We have 4 analyst positions listed. Had 0 under Edsall (Mazzone was only one I remember and that was a Spanos move). That, plus all of these new positions were hearing on the administrative end (i.e. GM, Executive Director, etc.) makes me think we’ve invested a lot more in the staff.

Reaction Score
I count 39 filled/open positions for the staff. Don’t know off the top of my head what we had in the Edsall 2.0 era, but just feels like a significant increase (10+ more).

We have 4 analyst positions listed. Had 0 under Edsall (Mazzone was only one I remember and that was a Spanos move). That, plus all of these new positions were hearing on the administrative end (i.e. GM, Executive Director, etc.) makes me think we’ve invested a lot more in the staff.
Agreed, just looked at Bama's entire staff and it sits around 40 and I never remember hearing about all these positions before. It is a good sign we are invested in playing big boy football.

Reaction Score

And some of these people are from schools like Texas Tech, Georgia Tech , and LSU

Reaction Score
Agreed, just looked at Bama's entire staff and it sits around 40 and I never remember hearing about all these positions before. It is a good sign we are invested in playing big boy football.
Mora definitely knows how to build a modern day college football program. Not sure how much more this is budget-wise than the RE2 program but it was certainly part of the week-long conversations in Idaho. Shows the AD and president's office were all-in.

Reaction Score
Both Davidson and Errin Joe (current GA at Georgia Tech) are both listed on the UConn website as part of the “Player Personnel” department which is led by Perhson.
Errin Joe, a Lakeland, FL native, who started his final two seasons for Georgia Tech (2014 and 2015) as a Tackle while Preston Pehrson was a (Georgia Tech) O grad assistant. At the time, Pehrson was "... responsible for helping coach the OL, specifically the tackles." GM Pehrson's recruiting HIS guys.

Reaction Score
Errin Joe, a Lakeland, FL native, who started his final two seasons for Georgia Tech (2014 and 2015) as a Tackle while Preston Pehrson was a (Georgia Tech) O grad assistant. At the time, Pehrson was "... responsible for helping coach the OL, specifically the tackles." GM Pehrson's recruiting HIS guys.
He did say in response to a tweet that was saying they were excited about him bringing his scouting ability that it is a team effort so if he is choosing his team we can only be excited looking at how Texas Tech grew and now won a bowl game due to the work of him, Davidson

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I also find it interesting that Mora, Spanos, Diabate, Pehrson, Davidson, Zyskowski, and the director and assistant director of football operations follow Vanderbilt’s GM Barton Simmons

Reaction Score
I also find it interesting that Mora, Spanos, Diabate, Pehrson, Davidson, Zyskowski, and the director and assistant director of football operations follow Vanderbilt’s GM Barton Simmons
Pretty sure he used to run scouting for 247

Reaction Score
Bart Simmons used to be the National Recruiting Guru for Rivals/247 and CBSS for decade plus…

Reaction Score
Mike Ryan also listed as a defensive analyst. Could that be former Husky OL Mike Ryan? He’s currently at U Maine…
That Mike Ryan i thought had legal issues going on. Would be great if it was.

Reaction Score
Mike Ryan also listed as a defensive analyst. Could that be former Husky OL Mike Ryan? He’s currently at U Maine…
Maybe as he seems to be getting a lot of UConn followers including Davidson and follows Mora

Reaction Score
That Mike Ryan i thought had legal issues going on. Would be great if it was.
Maybe as he seems to be getting a lot of UConn followers including Davidson and follows Mora
There are two “UConn” Mike Ryans. One is DC/LB Coach @ Maine, the other is Phillip Michael Ryan who ran into a bunch of legal problems in PA secondary to a serious accident and then other issues.

Reaction Score
There are two “UConn” Mike Ryans. One is DC/LB Coach @ Maine, the other is Phillip Michael Ryan who ran into a bunch of legal problems in PA secondary to a serious accident and then other issues.
The one getting follows is the DC/LB at Maine

Reaction Score
The one that got into trouble was our starting left tackle for a few years no?

Reaction Score
his (Errin Joe's) Twitter bio says he is the associate director of player personnel at Georgia Tech
Given an Errin Joe is now included on UConn's current football staff directory as Dir of Recruiting - Evaluations, he may update his Twitter soon. Same same with Beau Davidson, Dir of Player Personnel (ex-Texas Tech), and Robert Trombley, Dir of Creative Content for Football (ex-LSU Recruiting Creative Media Coordinator and previously Miami University Dir of Football Video and Design). All report up to GM Preston Pehrson.

Interesting to note a Joseph Castellitto listed as a Grad Asst - Defense. Same person as Joe Castellitto, a CCSU OLB assistant ?????

Reaction Score
teresting to note a Joseph Castellitto listed as a Grad Asst - Defense. Same person as Joe Castellitto, a CCSU OLB assistant ?????
Appears to be, yes. Utica grad, his Twitter is almost all UConn retweeted and a few from Utica.

Reaction Score
Given an Errin Joe is now included on UConn's current football staff directory as Dir of Recruiting - Evaluations, he may update his Twitter soon. Same same with Beau Davidson, Dir of Player Personnel (ex-Texas Tech), and Robert Trombley, Dir of Creative Content for Football (ex-LSU Recruiting Creative Media Coordinator and previously Miami University Dir of Football Video and Design). All report up to GM Preston Pehrson.

Interesting to note a Joseph Castellitto listed as a Grad Asst - Defense. Same person as Joe Castellitto, a CCSU OLB assistant ?????
love it! guys that have been around the big boy programs from different parts of the US (primary spots we'd like to recruit mostly) in mind...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom