Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
Fair enough.
Wouldn’t that be some if Spanos got the foot in the door for Mora and then Mora said thanks but no thanks. Doesn’t mean that happened but if it did can’t wait to hear about it!

Reaction Score
Not that it was reflected in the prior staff, but all these northeastern hires seem to foretell a return to north east recruiting. We have to get back into NJ..temple is down and Rutty has its struggles. I’m guessing Mora will never limit his search for players per se, but every staff has to have some focus and that means reducing time in some areas and increasing it in others. Wonder what this means for us in TX. Seems like our TX efforts will decline (inability to schedule games their not helping), but maybe I am wrong.
They have gotten players from TX but how many have been outstanding? IMO the recruits from CT have faired better as a whole.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Spanos but I’m glad Mora is burning it all to the ground.
Actually I don’t feel bad for Coach Spanos. That’s the gig. He got to be the head football coach of an FBS program and he will get his severance package. I wish him well, but, to be perfectly honest, I am relieved he is not being retained.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t that be some if Spanos got the foot in the door for Mora and then Mora said thanks but no thanks. Doesn’t mean that happened but if it did can’t wait to hear about it!
Originally I thought the origin of Mora as HC was initiated by Spanos. Spanos and the kids were campaigning internally for Spanos to stay on and I thought the decision to push Mora was an end round by Spanos to stay at UConn. Guess that’s not the story now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They have gotten players from TX but how many have been outstanding? IMO the recruits from CT have faired better as a whole.
Good point. Off the top; not one TX recruit has been a + level player yet. In simplistic terms you are either a - player, neutral or plus level player. Maybe Modeste, Y. Walker and verbal commit Xavier Brown (should he stick) have the best chance to be a plus player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom