Jerry Remy....RIP | The Boneyard

Jerry Remy....RIP

Reaction Score
He battled cancer for a long time but kept making comebacks from it. He played for the Sox and the Angels. He wrote a great book entitled "Watching Baseball: Discoverng the game inside the game". A real insiders look at the game f baseball.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I always liked Remy. He had a good glove. He was a light but scrappy hitter who did just enough to stick around for ten years or so. I enjoyed his commenting, although I’d moved away from New England so didn’t hear him much.

Reaction Score
Yankee fan here but always tuned in to NESN to watch baseball. Remy was the ultimate homer when it came to his Sox but he was knowledgeable, loved the game and was funny as all heck, especially when paired with Don Orsillo. RIP Rem Dawg - you'll be sorely missed.

Reaction Score
As an announcer he had a cult following all over New England and Florida. He branched out into restaurants and merchandise. Wally the Green Monster will really miss him. I can't tell you how many people I've met over the years with dogs named "Remy."

He hit 6 career homeruns. That's 6 more than everyone else!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Jerry was a beloved member of the Red Sox family. He had been battling cancer for many years and was in and out of the broadcasting booth. He came across as a knowledgeable "baseball guy" but also a warm, funny, personable individual who loved everything about the Red Sox. Jerry had local roots, born in Fall River.

He worked well with Dave O`Brien, but his chemistry with Don Orsillo, Dave`s predecessor, was totally at another level. They were amazing together, so much fun. Red Sox Nation was up in arms when the Sox got rid of Orsillo.

Jerry was also a very good player, the second baseman on the 1978 Sox Team that lost the Bucky Dent playoff game to the Yankees. He never appeared in a postseason game, as that game was considered to be regular season. He went 2 for 4 in that game. He played 10 seasons with the Angels and Sox, stole 30 or more bases 4 times, and had a career average of .275.

Shockingly, Jerry`s son, Jared, murdered Jared`s fiancee and the mother of his daughter in 2013. Jared is in prison with no possibility for parole. Jerry and his wife reportedly were involved in raising their granddaughter.

RIP, Jerry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom