Jeff Beck RIP | The Boneyard

Jeff Beck RIP

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! He was always the healthiest too.

Best guitarist I ever saw live. Best guitarist I’ve ever heard. Period.

Bacterial meningitis. So glad I got to see him live as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bacterial meningitis. So glad I got to see him live as well.
That just killed a person at my work last week.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This one hurts. Discovered him while at UConn in the mid-70's. Blow by Blow and Wired were go-to albums. In the GOAT conversation.
Is the GOAT from a playing aspect. I mean take every guitar hero in the world over last 60 years. Every single one has people ( including Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen) who cover them very well at a high level. I’ve never heard anyone even close to knocking beck’s stuff. Except jimmy herring.

Reaction Score
Saw him three times. First time was back in 1972. Nobody could get so many sounds from his guitar as Jeff.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was an incredible guitar player. One article that I read this afternoon stated "it can be argued where he stands all time but every list of best electric guitarists has him in their top five. If he wasn't the best he wasn't far from it."

One of my all time favorites. May he rest in peace.

Reaction Score
So sad to hear. An all time great, who was still getting it done at 78 !
RIP.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! He was always the healthiest too.

Best guitarist I ever saw live. Best guitarist I’ve ever heard. Period.
You're better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not many could pick with him
A true artist with the axe
Loved the sound he created - it was distinctive and sexy
Absolutely treasured the man
RIP

Reaction Score
This one hurts. Discovered him while at UConn in the mid-70's. Blow by Blow and Wired were go-to albums. In the GOAT conversation.
I was made aware of Jeff Beck by a good friend of mine in the same period. We were barely 20 and we used to rent a cottage at Misquamicut for a week during the summer (for $160 a week) and played the heck out of those albums during that period. "Constipatated Duck" and "Because We Ended As Lovers" among those. His album "Truth" with Rod Stewart is another good listen. I was fortunate to see him a few times at Foxwoods. Great performer. RIP Jeff.

Reaction Score
Is the GOAT from a playing aspect. I mean take every guitar hero in the world over last 60 years. Every single one has people ( including Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen) who cover them very well at a high level. I’ve never heard anyone even close to knocking beck’s stuff. Except jimmy herring.
To your point August, here is a link from Rick Beato who described Beck as being "one of one" and uncopiable. BB King stated that he didn't have those notes on his guitar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom