2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart Offer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Interesting that his father played Ball for USC not too long ago. The last statement may be a reason why bigger name teams haven’t offered. He’s saying he doesn’t want to just be part of a team he wants to be the guy.
Yeah, most teams don’t want guys who want to be a big part of what’s going on. You nailed it.

Reaction Score
From Eric Bossi on the Washington board:

"Honestly, i can't really figure out the true interest level UW may have in Jaylin Stewart but he still, to me, seems pretty interested in the Huskies. Overall, he's pretty wide open but UConn does seem to be trying to make a push with him."

Reaction Score

"Honestly, i can't really figure out the true interest level UW may have in Jaylin Stewart but he still, to me, seems pretty interested in the Huskies. Overall, he's pretty wide open but UConn does seem to be trying to make a push with him."
idk what hopkins is doing at UW. negligent not to go after a guy like stewart in his backyard.

Reaction Score

I hate this. Which Huskies is he talking about? The real Huskies or the west coast frauds?

Reaction Score

good tape

I don't understand this recruitment at all.

ESPN doesn't have him ranked at all, Rivals had him top 30 last year. 247 has him 70s. Like what is even happening here.

Somewhere 6'5"-6'7" shooter who dunks easily and can handle. Plus this EYBL he showed advanced passing and cutting off ball and his mentors say his best attribute is his BBIQ.

Do people just think he's a lock for Washington? Brandon Roy was his HS basketball coach after all and his uncle played there. Does Hopkins not think he can play well in the zone D so he's dragging his feet?

Reaction Score

ESPN doesn't have him ranked at all, Rivals had him top 30 last year. 247 has him 70s. Like what is even happening here.

Somewhere 6'5"-6'7" shooter who dunks easily and can handle. Plus this EYBL he showed advanced passing and cutting off ball and his mentors say his best attribute is his BBIQ.

Do people just think he's a lock for Washington? Brandon Roy was his HS basketball coach after all and his uncle played there. Does Hopkins not think he can play well in the zone D so he's dragging his feet?
It's all really strange. The rankings, schools not really recruiting him outside of UConn, listed at 6'5 180 lbs. he's clearly bigger than that.

It took me about 5 minutes of watching game play to see he's really good.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

I don’t understand why more schools aren’t involved. It’s so hard to find 6’6 with his skills and IQ. Day one contributor.

Reaction Score
There is just so little out there on this recruitment. I did find out his former teammate at Garfield, Koren Johnson (class of 2022) is attending UW this season. He's a decent recruit, just outside top 100 on 247.

No idea if this has any pull. Otherwise any discussion about Stewart these days is coming from CT papers and that 247 piece. Not much from when UW initially offered to read into.

Just get him on campus and lock this in.

Reaction Score
Reminds me a ton of the Bouknight recruitment.

Wasn’t on many people’s radar(written off due to injury). But you watch him play, and it just SCREAMS next level player.

As an aside, Luke has one of the best eyes for talent I’ve seen in a long time. I’ve agreed with every player he’s put serious time into. His hire was an A++

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why more schools aren’t involved. It’s so hard to find 6’6 with his skills and IQ. Day one contributor.
Because everyone knows where he’s going. Roy his high school coach and his uncle played at Washington…..PLEASE! It’s not written in stone but the guy has the order.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Borges has been all over the Stewart recruitment. It’s a good sign he keeps tracking his games, Hurley must be feeding him some info that Stewart is the biggest priority for the staff.
“Must be” is a stretch but it’s possible

If we miss on Stewart it’s probably game over for SF. Maybe they would pivot to a PF like Williams or Dioubate

Reaction Score
There is just so little out there on this recruitment. I did find out his former teammate at Garfield, Koren Johnson (class of 2022) is attending UW this season. He's a decent recruit, just outside top 100 on 247.

No idea if this has any pull. Otherwise any discussion about Stewart these days is coming from CT papers and that 247 piece. Not much from when UW initially offered to read into.

Just get him on campus and lock this in.
Not to mention UW assistant Will Conroy grew up with his dad, Tre Simmons (UW alum) is his cousin. The Seattle bball community is extremely close with each other. Jamal Crawford is The Godfather of the hoops community out here, and his summer pro Am brings all those guys out every weekend. It might not be documented how
Much UW is recruiting Stewart, but I assure you he is in contact with those guys weekly. And even when guys leave area, they seem to always come home. Koren Johnson left and went to prep in Utah, committed to San Diego state, only to move back home to Garfield and flip to UW. Hopkins may be dropping the ball on it, but the community isn’t

Reaction Score
If we miss on Stewart it’s probably game over for SF. Maybe they would pivot to a PF like Williams or Dioubate
i agree it's probably game over for SF but we should still be going after williams as a backup to carr at PF plus estrella. i think you disagreed with this sentiment but i'm doubling down.

a 5 or 6 person class (depending on whether castle reclasses) is not too big. we still have 2 open scholarships for '23 and we could be losing 6 or 7 players after this season. we'd still need to hit the portal hard next summer. and it would really a 4 or 5 person class with ross being a super long term play.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
i agree it's probably game over for SF but we should still be going after williams as a backup to carr at PF plus estrella. i think you disagreed with this sentiment but i'm doubling down.

a 5 or 6 person class (depending on whether castle reclasses) is not too big. we still have 2 open scholarships for '23 and we could be losing 6 or 7 players after this season. we'd still need to hit the portal hard next summer. and it would really a 4 or 5 person class with ross being a super long term play.
Williams is a true 4 and Estrella is a big, so I think they actually make more sense than last time (too much overlap for Stewart and Carr to both commit to the same class, and same with Dilione and Ball which was definitely true since Dilione cancelled his visit). That being said, Estrella is still a huge long shot. He’d make this class pretty bonkers if he committed though

Reaction Score
Not to mention UW assistant Will Conroy grew up with his dad, Tre Simmons (UW alum) is his cousin. The Seattle bball community is extremely close with each other. Jamal Crawford is The Godfather of the hoops community out here, and his summer pro Am brings all those guys out every weekend. It might not be documented how
Much UW is recruiting Stewart, but I assure you he is in contact with those guys weekly. And even when guys leave area, they seem to always come home. Koren Johnson left and went to prep in Utah, committed to San Diego state, only to move back home to Garfield and flip to UW. Hopkins may be dropping the ball on it, but the community isn’t
My cuzin played at Garfield with Brandon Roy, Will Conroy, and Marcellus Kemp who was very good at Nevada, and you absolutely right, the basketball community in Seattle is VERY tight knit, and the Stewart twins, Jaylin’s father and uncle, were legendary at ‘beach

Reaction Score
My cuzin played at Garfield with Brandon Roy, Will Conroy, and Marcellus Kemp who was very good at Nevada, and you absolutely right, the basketball community in Seattle is VERY tight knit, and the Stewart twins, Jaylin’s father and uncle, were legendary at ‘beach
That beach team was unreal!!

Loderick stewart
Roderick stewart
Nate Robinson
CJ Giles
Imeka Iweka
Tyrone Shepard

And that Garfield team was crazy too

Brandon Roy
Will Conroy
Marcellus Kemp
Anthony Washington