2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross Visit 6/14 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross Visit 6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Verballed as in he has privately committed already.
over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It shouldn't because they are very different players.

If you boil down each player to one word,

Middleton = defense
Ross = shooting

Happy Jayden Ross Eve, everyone. Hope everyone is staying cool while the recruiting trails are heating up...
LOL. Staff got the mojo:

Reaction Score
AAU teammates with Solo Ball and Isaiah Coleman. It's weird the one who is ranked the highest and says he grew up a UConn fan (Coleman) is the one we hear very little about.
What is the latest on Coleman (if there is a latest)? I watched him play a few games for Team Melo back in April and he was so much fun to watch.

I will say Ross while a strong player (potentially/hopefully) in his own right, his commitment really only makes a difference if Ball/Coleman follow suit. After the debacle with Team Final and their pipeline seemingly shutting off for us, would great to see one with Team Melo replace it, especially given the talent available in the DMV area. Winning recruiting battles over the likes of Gtown/Nova/Maryland and continuing our own DMV pipeline after success with Hawk, Roscoe, Dyson, and Rudy Gay who all came from the area will be a great sign of strength for this program on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
I’m excited about Ross’ potential. He’s an athletic shooter. 6’7” guard/wing that has a high release shot w/ nice spacing, can put the ball on the ground, pass, nose for the ball. He’s a Polley but with way more athleticism (multi-dimensional). Way below the radar on a lot of analysts and recruiting sites. If he commits that is a VERY good pick up.

Reaction Score
What is the latest on Coleman (if there is a latest)? I watched him play a few games for Team Melo back in April and he was so much fun to watch.

I will say Ross while a strong player (potentially/hopefully) in his own right, his commitment really only makes a difference if Ball/Coleman follow suit. After the debacle with Team Final and their pipeline seemingly shutting off for us, would great to see one with Team Melo replace it, especially given the talent available in the DMV area. Winning recruiting battles over the likes of Gtown/Nova/Maryland and continuing our own DMV pipeline after success with Hawk, Roscoe, Dyson, and Rudy Gay who all came from the area will be a great sign of strength for this program on the recruiting trail.
Genuinely curious, did Team Finals pipeline actually cut off for us?

Reaction Score
a developmental player that may or may not stick around. best you can expect from a 12th/13th man.
So he is a reclass to this coming season or is he a 23 kid? Everyone seems to believe he will reclass.

Reaction Score
Genuinely curious, did Team Finals pipeline actually cut off for us?
A lot of people are assuming it did since Justin Edwards dropped a top 7 without us right after Team Final's tweet. But with only 1 data point it's hard to say if that's a coincidence or evidence

Reaction Score
So he is a reclass to this coming season or is he a 23 kid? Everyone seems to believe he will reclass.
Not sure yet. People are assuming a reclass because Hurley said we'd have the 12th scholarship filled by 7/1...and unless there is another surprise coming in the next few days (still a possibility), he seems to be the only one that could fit that bill. But I don't know enough about his situation to even know if he's reclass eligible or not...

Reaction Score
It shouldn't because they are very different players.

If you boil down each player to one word,

Middleton = defense
Ross = shooting

Happy Jayden Ross Eve, everyone. Hope everyone is staying cool while the recruiting trails are heating up...
Where did the idea that Ross is a shooter come from? He seems like he might be able to develop into a decent shooter, but I don't think that would be the one word to describe him rn at all.

Reaction Score
Where did the idea that Ross is a shooter come from? He seems like he might be able to develop into a decent shooter, but I don't think that would be the one word to describe him rn at all.
I think someone stated since Virgina Tech is recruiting him, he is definitely a shooter.

Reaction Score
What is the latest on Coleman (if there is a latest)?
yeah havent heard anything about him since mid may in a now locked thread. not ideal b/c if we dont get middleton it has to be either coleman or stojakovic, who is a long shot, on the wing.

i assumed coleman would have been a bigger target than middleton seeing as he's both a husky fan and better shooter.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
yeah havent heard anything about him since mid may in a now locked thread. not ideal b/c if we dont get middleton it has to be either coleman or stojakovic, who is a long shot, on the wing.
Seems like UConn is his top choice (based on what he’s said about us) but we still haven’t extended him an offer. For a kid that looks impressive on film and has shot up the rankings board, it’s a strange situation.

Reaction Score
Seems like UConn is his top choice (based on what he’s said about us) but we still haven’t extended him an offer. For a kid that looks impressive on film and has shot up the rankings board, it’s a strange situation.
pure speculation on my part...

Maybe he loves us and we love him, but the staff is waiting to offer him until they see an updated school transcript/SAT scores, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom