2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross Visit 6/14 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross Visit 6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll leave the more complete assessment of his game to others, but from the video I watch looks to be a long shooter with a quick release and decent handles. Seems to thrive from 3 and long 2 range. Saw some good stuff on catch and shoot and off dribble. Reminds me of Polley with a better handle.

If he's coming in as a reclass, 12th man on the bench, and friends with Solo to help get him to Storrs then sounds like a good deal to me.

Reaction Score
So I’m confused then. Do you think he will be an impact player or a developmental player? Because by your logic, if he dosent play, we won’t want to keep him around.
a developmental player that may or may not stick around. best you can expect from a 12th/13th man.

Reaction Score
I'll leave the more complete assessment of his game to others, but from the video I watch looks to be a long shooter with a quick release and decent handles. Seems to thrive from 3 and long 2 range. Saw some good stuff on catch and shoot and off dribble. Reminds me of Polley with a better handle.

If he's coming in as a reclass, 12th man on the bench, and friends with Solo to help get him to Storrs then sounds like a good deal to me.

6'7 shooters don't grow on trees. We need more shooters--he can shoot. Good developmental piece to bring in.

Reaction Score
I'm not an insider, but I feel like our chances are pretty darn good we end up with Jayden Ross by the end of the day on Monday.
followed shortly thereafter by solomon ball and middleton. including castle that's a nice 4 man class of perimeter players. would have been the #14 class this year.

backfill any '23 draft picks with transfers next summer. now we're reloading instead of rebuilding.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One more point, what do I do know about how Mike Young has recruited since taking over the Virginia Tech job:

No way would his staff put in a lot of effort to recruit a 6'7 wing unless he can shoot.

In each of Young's three seasons at Virginia Tech, the Hokies have averaged 56th in 3p% and 65th in 3PA/FGA ratio nationally.

Reaction Score
One more point, what do I do know about how Mike Young has recruited since taking over the Virginia Tech job:

No way would his staff put in a lot of effort to recruit a 6'7 wing unless he can shoot.

In each of Young's three seasons at Virginia Tech, the Hokies have averaged 56th in 3p% and 65th in 3PA/FGA ratio nationally.
I understand the point you’re trying to get at, but I think we need some better stats to back up the point than 56th and 65th in the nation

Reaction Score
Does Ross take Middleton out of play?? Or do they have complimentary skill sets that can co-exist??
It shouldn't because they are very different players.

If you boil down each player to one word,

Middleton = defense
Ross = shooting

Happy Jayden Ross Eve, everyone. Hope everyone is staying cool while the recruiting trails are heating up...

Reaction Score
Trending in a great way.. Does Ross take Middleton out of play?? Or do they have complimentary skill sets that can co-exist??
with a 4 man class, which is what it looks like for now, we can take 2 CGs (Castle and Ball/Chatman/Johnson/Carr) and 2 Ws (Ross and Middleton/Stojakovic/Coleman)

i'd view castle/middleton as instant contributors whereas ball/ross are more developmental

Reaction Score
I think in most but not all cases “developmental” players aren’t going to stay around more than a year in this new environment.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think in most but not all cases “developmental” players aren’t going to stay around more than a year in this new environment.
The strategy mush change with the new CBB world. It's now up to the staff to recognize which guys on the developmental part of the roster show the most promise in the areas you need the most help, and get them game minutes asap. If their contribution comes anywhere near balancing out their weaknesses, you have to keep working with them and playing them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ross has verballed
Fortunately the number of people who observed things are small but large enough to give you credibility if you want to advance info. Maybe you can make some vague announcements with the symbol :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom