Javonte Brown to Texas A&M | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown to Texas A&M

Reaction Score
B516747B-DBCD-4B55-9CD3-40B764569DB5.png

Reaction Score
“and the little short period of time that they recruited me during the transfer period” lol

It’s the least shocking thing. As I said earlier, that’s where his Canadian/Thornlea people are. He just said the Kenya thing to make it sound better, I guess? It’s fine. He has a lot of work to do.

Reaction Score
that’s where his Canadian/Thornlea people are
even more impressive that hurley and co managed to sway him here in the first place. it musta come down to a coin flip. but this move makes landing clingan easier. hopeully it works out for the best for both sides. moving on.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, a much better opportunity for him to see the court. Especially given our recruiting focus for 2022 and the possibility of either of our senior bigs staying next year.

Reaction Score
So do you think there was any tampering involved? :rolleyes:

Good luck to him. Hope he kills down there.

This is nice to hear.

Still, he feels practicing with the Huskies made him better during this short period.

“Yes because I truly believe there’s no other team in the nation that practices like UConn because literally every practice was a hard, intense practice,” he said.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sure. He had such a weird start to his freshman year in what is already an unusual season for everyone. He was late arriving because he couldn’t get across the border. He wasn’t playing and there wasn’t really a path to game time because everyone in practice was better than him. He has previous relationships with a bunch of people at A&M. He was a good teammate in his few months at UConn, but he didn’t think it was for him. I still think he made the right choice moving up a class because he was not going to get better at the high school he was at.

Reaction Score

Good luck to him. Hope he kills down there.

This is nice to hear.

Still, he feels practicing with the Huskies made him better during this short period.

“Yes because I truly believe there’s no other team in the nation that practices like UConn because literally every practice was a hard, intense practice,” he said.
I like hearing this about UCONN practices. Always a good sign for our future.

Expect this will work out for both parties.
I was surprised at this transfer initially because he was cheering like crazy during our Marquette come back. Big smile and seemed to be really happy and enjoying himself.
JB is a HUGE dude and has the potential to be a serious player.
I think / really hope that we land Clingan and its a WIN/WIN for all.

Reaction Score
So strange - but whatever. Thought he might of been homesick. Guess not. Impatient cat. Oh well still don’t get who’s getting big man minutes next year besides sanogo and martin. Best of luck I guess. If Whalley or Carlton stay next year it makes things 1000% more clear. If not, it’s a head scratcher

Reaction Score
Watching him play he reminded me of a newborn deer trying to stay upright shortly after birth. He seemed tall but a bit uncoordinated and absolutely no muscle. He looked like a tall 12 year old and its because hes also pretty young. Its going to be interesting to see what he looks like in 2 years. I wish him the absolute best.

Reaction Score
Watching him play he reminded me of a newborn deer trying to stay upright shortly after birth. He seemed tall but a bit uncoordinated and absolutely no muscle. He looked like a tall 12 year old and its because hes also pretty young. Its going to be interesting to see what he looks like in 2 years. I wish him the absolute best.
I agree w everything up until your last two sentences. Once someone turns their back on UConn, unless it’s to go pro, I couldn’t care less what happens to them. You’re either in or you’re out. He’s now out.

C

Chief00

Chief thinks he has potential to develop into a good player. If he works hard and gets good coaching, he will be a player in a couple of years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I used to follow where UConn transfers went, but these days, transferring from UConn and jumping in a volcano are pretty much the same thing to me.

Texas A&M? Fine. Volcano? Fine. Good luck either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom