Jasper Howard Tribute (6/6) | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard Tribute (6/6)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, even after all these years I still get a little emotional when I think about this. It’s just so sad and such a waste that all that Jazz was going to be and all the lives he was going to touch got snuffed out by someone who came to campus looking for trouble.

Still, it’s nice to look back of the man he was, the passion he played with and the extent he touched the rest of the team.

RIP Jazz.

Reaction Score
Fans still wear the shirts with Jazz's #6 to games. Great to have Kashif tell the story in the video. Almost beat WVU on the road after the death of Jazz. Came home to lose in a heart breaker to Rutgers 28-24 but the video showed the TD run by Todman that put us up after trailing all game. Went to Cinci and lost in a shootout 47 to 45. Went to Notre Dame after that. Still remember the shock when I turned on the news on Sunday morning. Sio Moore with Jazz's shirt in Birmingham. Very well done UConn. Thank you.

Reaction Score
Fans still wear the shirts with Jazz's #6 to games. Great to have Kashif tell the story in the video. Almost beat WVU on the road after the death of Jazz. Came home to lose in a heart breaker to Rutgers 28-24 but the video showed the TD run by Todman that put us up after trailing all game. Went to Cinci and lost in a shootout 47 to 45. Went to Notre Dame after that. Still remember the shock when I turned on the news on Sunday morning. Sio Moore with Jazz's shirt in Birmingham. Very well done UConn. Thank you.
I remember WV being super respectful and the fans being amazing that day. It really felt like it was one of those games they wanted to win, but didn't feel bad losing.

Reaction Score
we need a re-release of those #6 shirts... that was about 50 pounds ago. Would love to wear one again without scaring everyone

Reaction Score
went to ND bookstore the day before our game there. All the bookstore staff were wearing UConn #6 lapel pins. When I thanked a staff person for the gesture, she gave me her pin. Randy's televised remarks about Jasper at the end of the ND win were memorable.

Reaction Score
Those first few games after Jazz’s death were incredibly spiritual. The dramatic, heartbreaking late game loss to WVU after the poignant way we were greeted in Morgantown. And the cosmic nature of the last second loss to Rutgers when an improbable desperation pass by Rutgers was caught for a touchdown by Tim Brown, who just happened to be Jazz’s best friend growing up together as kids on 62nd street in Miami, They both had decided to pay homage to their roots when they got to college with Jazz choosing to wear #6 and Brown #2.
Then came Randy Edsall’s emotional post game remarks after we finally won that wild double OT game at Notre Dame. You got the feeling that higher forces were at play. At the very least it made you wonder.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Those first few games after Jazz’s death were incredibly spiritual. The dramatic, heartbreaking late game loss to WVU after the poignant way we were greeted in Morgantown. And the cosmic nature of the last second loss to Rutgers when an improbable desperation pass by Rutgers was caught for a touchdown by Tim Brown, who just happened to be Jazz’s best friend growing up together as kids on 62nd street in Miami, They both had decided to pay homage to their roots when they got to college with Jazz choosing to wear #6 and Brown #2.
Then came Randy Edsall’s emotional post game remarks after we finally won that wild double OT game at Notre Dame. You got the feeling that higher forces were at play. At the very least it made you wonder.

My eyes well up a bit whenever I hear that Randy Edsall speech. Randy earned quite a bit of respect from me that day. Don’t get me wrong, he had to be fired and Jim Mora is a huge huge upgrade, but, I’ll always have some respect and affection for Randy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom