January Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would think we would be looking at this girl also ( Wisconsin's Allie Ziebell ). 28 points per game average as a 10th grader and a great shooting touch in general. Terrific for. Great catch and shoot quickness. 100,000 shots 3 years in a row. 5' 11" tall. This girl looks special to me.

Reaction Score
Not real good, but she's at another level, frighteningly good, and not the least bit reluctant or hesitant. She's what UConn's needed for years but I have no idea how she fits with Arnold in the fold.
I rather wait for the 8th grader Jenica Lewis cus I know for a fact she wants to be a huskie.But wow!!!! Seen Chavez 50 piece and I love the bounce she plays with.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I rather wait for the 8th grader Jenica Lewis cus I know for a fact she wants to be a huskie.But wow!!!! Seen Chavez 50 piece and I love the bounce she plays with.

This might change, but my belief right now is that Lewis will be a 2-guard or wing in college whereas Chavez is a game-controlling PG. In other words, both should be able to play on the same team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn is lucky to have Ice, and her new coach Geno Auriemma is fully aware of that — he attended her 2022 Spalding Hoophall Classic presented by Eastbay game against Springfield Central High School, where Brady racked up the points right in front of him.

Auriemma stated that she’s got the talent his team is always looking for. “She’s a big kid, she can shoot, she’s smart, she knows how to play,” he stated of number 25.

Brady noticed him on the sidelines, and it was just an extra layer of elation for her to be at Hoophall Classic.

“It meant everything, and I do get a little nervous when [Auriemma] comes to games, so I was glad that we played well and got the dub. It was really awesome, and something special,” she finished.

Reaction Score
I must admit Vandy and their golf program has me nervous about our friend.
Unless our friend has significantly improved her golf game, doubt she would be in top 5-7 on Vandy's links team.

Reaction Score
I agree. I wonder though if she may be better as a stretch 4.
I think she is more comfortable at the 4 but she will have competion from Brady who it more compentent as of now from the area that Amari missed most of her 7 shots. Inside we will have Dorka Paterson and Edwards next year, Carolyn at the three and Paige and Azzi in the backcourt with Nika as their rotational sub and energy provider. With those players we will certainly be able to hit some 3's and then have the middle open for the bigs and cutters.

Reaction Score
Gotta say that Ayanna is a project to a degree. She needs a lot more real coaching on a variety of areas. How to break a press. How to position oneself to receive the ball in a position to score. I don't get why she spends so much time on the perimeter when she's clearly the dominant force inside in a game. Better skill development on ball handling. etc.
??? Who are you talking about? The kid who isn't here yet?

Reaction Score

Paige was working on a step back but didn't see it in the first couple of games until she got hurt. This girl has got a great step back already. She has a great handle , shot and court vision.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How dare you spell Huskie with a small H. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not real good, but she's at another level, frighteningly good, and not the least bit reluctant or hesitant. She's what UConn's needed for years but I have no idea how she fits with Arnold in the fold.
I agree, I didn't think I'd see a freshman PG in Bueckers' stratosphere this soon but this kid may be up there. And like PB, I can't imagine how much better she's going to get in 3 years. If it were my decision and with 2 years of separation between her and Arnold, I guess I'd take a shot at her and let things sort themselves out when the time comes. But as I've said before, I don't think she's leaving Texas but who knows? I thought Shade would stay in the midwest.

Reaction Score
Gotta say that Ayanna is a project to a degree. She needs a lot more real coaching on a variety of areas. How to break a press. How to position oneself to receive the ball in a position to score. I don't get why she spends so much time on the perimeter when she's clearly the dominant force inside in a game. Better skill development on ball handling. etc.
I agree with your analysis.I don’t think she will have a immediate impact.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I agree, I didn't think I'd see a freshman PG in Bueckers' stratosphere this soon but this kid may be up there. And like PB, I can't imagine how much better she's going to get in 3 years. If it were my decision and with 2 years of separation between her and Arnold, I guess I'd take a shot at her and let things sort themselves out when the time comes. But as I've said before, I don't think she's leaving Texas but who knows? I thought Shade would stay in the midwest.

I don't have a feel for what schools she's interested in but between her and Aniya Foy there are major impact lead guards in that class to think about even with KK.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/14

Ashylnn Shade and her team were stymied Friday, only scoring 33 points.

Shade had 10 points and 11 rebounds.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Good to see that Geno was at Springfield College [Ma.] to watch Ice play.
I've moved from that area but the HOF puts on a fabulous high school event over the MLK
weekend every year. The boys' event...Saturday thru Monday...has to be the best in the land...elite teams/elite players...from all over the country. Elite coaches in the stands to watch.

On our side of the game local high school girls' teams play on Friday....often with an out-of area team with a UConn target.
The director would make a genuine effort to get a possible UConn player there knowing that UConn area fans would boost attendance. Some of us Boneyarders got to see previews of :

Mosqueda-Lewis/Charles/Samuelson/Stewart/Della Donne...I'm sure I am missing a few.
Geno only lives 30 minutes away and if UConn was not on the road he was generally there for that game...though he tended to get a lot of ordinary fan attention and it appeared he didn't get to see much of his intended target.

A great weekend of high school hoops in western Ma. Would not be one bit surprised if our guy-side coach Danny Hurley was there over the weekend...the men seem to be in on a few elites of late.

Reaction Score
??? Who are you talking about? The kid who isn't here yet?
Yeah TeamFirst has it all backwards. The highlights I’ve seen of her she’s scoring in the post and grabbing rebounds.

Reaction Score
I don't have a feel for what schools she's interested in but between her and Aniya Foy there are major impact lead guards in that class to think about even with KK.
Yes, I like Foy too. Plenty of time to shop.

Reaction Score
Yeah TeamFirst has it all backwards. The highlights I’ve seen of her she’s scoring in the post and grabbing rebounds.
She spends a lot of time wandering around. Not always going to the hoop for the rebound, Not putting herself in a position to score if she receives the ball ...etc. Not blocking out well. She is a shooting free throws better this year but she misses a lot of bunnies and I'm not seeing that great a jump shot. She's obviously way the hell beyond anyone in her area physically but she needs good coaching and player development badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom